Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CM HYPER 212+ too big for my side panel case cover need help

Last response: in Components
Share
June 30, 2011 3:37:18 AM

Well my first build for my PC is or should I say was going well until I can’t put my side panel case cover on. It seems that the Coolmasters Hyper 212+ is well a little too big, the 8 copper fins that sticking out of the cooler at the top is interfering with me putting on my side panel cover for my PC I need help what should I do?
a c 80 ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 3:49:14 AM

You should have bought a bigger case. The CM 212+ is 159mm tall.

Remove the side fan if there is one. You could "punch" the side to make it wide enough. I'd probably just leave it off and wait until you can get a bigger case.
June 30, 2011 11:24:09 AM

4745454b said:
You should have bought a bigger case. The CM 212+ is 159mm tall.

Remove the side fan if there is one. You could "punch" the side to make it wide enough. I'd probably just leave it off and wait until you can get a bigger case.


I did and it still won't fit. I could be the standoffs i'm reusing. The motherboard that I bought from Ebay.com was used and didn't come with it own standoffs.
Related resources
a c 80 ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 11:48:00 AM

The 212+ comes with its own standoffs. I'm not sure you can reuse others that come from other heatsinks.
June 30, 2011 12:39:08 PM

4745454b said:
The 212+ comes with its own standoffs. I'm not sure you can reuse others that come from other heatsinks.


No I said that the motherboard didn't come with any standoffs. Not the 212+.
a c 80 ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 1:17:00 PM

Are you talking about the brass standoffs used to keep the board off the case? Those all should be the same size. 1/4"? 3/8? Something like that. Those shouldn't be your problem. If you used the retention stuff that came with the 212+, you've done it all right. The best thing to do is to keep the side off, and buy a bigger case.
June 30, 2011 1:54:35 PM

4745454b said:
Are you talking about the brass standoffs used to keep the board off the case? Those all should be the same size. 1/4"? 3/8? Something like that. Those shouldn't be your problem. If you used the retention stuff that came with the 212+, you've done it all right. The best thing to do is to keep the side off, and buy a bigger case.


Yes i'm talking about the standoffs, What other cases are big enough for this 212+?
a c 80 ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 3:01:56 PM

Most of them should be. Only the smallish maxt cases should have issues. Both my Antec 300 and my generic "biohazard" cases were big enough for the 212+. What case do you have?
June 30, 2011 5:37:13 PM

4745454b said:
Most of them should be. Only the smallish maxt cases should have issues. Both my Antec 300 and my generic "biohazard" cases were big enough for the 212+. What case do you have?


IDK I think it was made by Axitron Don't know the name of the case.
!