Solved

First Build Case questions.

Hey guys. I picked a Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131637 and i need to find a case with good air flow that will fit it, a 560 Ti or two, and it needs to be under $79.99 USD. I currently want this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129096 but i don't know if the sound, Ethernet, and other ports on the back will line up, and if it's wide enough. Please suggest and tell me if the case is big enough. Thanks!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first build case questions
  1. cases and mobos are made to fit each other, so you should be fine. And the Antec case looks good, add a few more fans and that case will have plenty of good airflow.
  2. mattius92 said:
    cases and mobos are made to fit each other, so you should be fine. And the Antec case looks good, add a few more fans and that case will have plenty of good airflow.

:p but if you look at the back of the case, and at where the ports are, they don't fit. I mean like the sound and ethernet port.
  3. where the I/O ports are in the back is a plate, you can pop that one out and put in the one the comes with your mobo. Everything should work.
  4. mattius92 said:
    where the I/O ports are in the back is a plate, you can pop that one out and put in the one the comes with your mobo. Everything should work.

Oh thanks!! lol, it's my first build, i've only done mods. thanks!
  5. Best answer
    Wow, I never noticed that - the display has a fake back plate :pt1cable: . mattius92 is right - all the motherboards come with their own plate, and although it is a pain to get it all to lined up, it should fit perfect when you do it right.

It appears that there are some fans missing from this junior model of the dark fleet. Guess that is why the case has a $20 rebate. There is only an option to add one extra fan on the side. They call that advanced? Airflow should be adequate, but certainly not generous.

Consider this HAF 912 for the same price ($60) without the hassle of a rebate. Now add these 4 additional fans for $17, as follows: 1 extra in the front, 2 on the top and one on the side. Now you'll have very good air flow, and because these are quiet fans, low overall noise.
  6. Hey TyphX, since it is your first build, take a look at this link: Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC. That will show you everything you need to know.

if you have a problem at the end and your computer won't start, follow these instructions: "System won't boot" and "no video output" checklist

These two references will fix avoid/fix just about any problem that can arise.

Good Luck
  7. eloric said:
    Wow, I never noticed that - the display has a fake back plate :pt1cable: . mattius92 is right - all the motherboards come with their own plate, and although it is a pain to get it all to lined up, it should fit perfect when you do it right.

It appears that there are some fans missing from this junior model of the dark fleet. Guess that is why the case has a $20 rebate. There is only an option to add one extra fan on the side. They call that advanced? Airflow should be adequate, but certainly not generous.

Consider this HAF 912 for the same price ($60) without the hassle of a rebate. Now add these 4 additional fans for $17, as follows: 1 extra in the front, 2 on the top and one on the side. Now you'll have very good air flow, and because these are quiet fans, low overall noise.

kk thanks, i'm using my old hard drive for this, and i'll check out the guides and the case. Thanks!
  8. eloric said:

Oh and also, since this is my first build, the fans only have 3-pin connectors. where do i hook those up to?
  9. The motherboard will have a couple 3-pin connections for fans, and then the rest should just have an adapter to plug into a standard 4-pin molex cable.
  10. mattius92 said:
    The motherboard will have a couple 3-pin connections for fans, and then the rest should just have an adapter to plug into a standard 4-pin molex cable.

kk thanks
  11. Best answer selected by TyphX.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Cases Ethernet Card Systems Product