Oh right in that case, get the 570 or flashing a 6950 if you can. 4GB is not gonna do much more for your gaming now than it is doing today. Getting a 570 im sure will be a very much better decision if you are a gamer. 8GB is not even neccessary.
I appreciate your help. However, why would I grab a 6950(and flash to 6970) when I could get a 570? Also, I'm concerned that a 570 is overkill for a C2Q w/4GB @ 1080 which is mainly why I have asked which card would be the best solution. I was also hoping to find some insight into what may be around the corner in February(for example the 560 drops today).