Annisman's Hardware Giveaway - * New winner of the SSD announced!*

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Hello everybody, as I had mentioned to a few people already, I am doing another annisman hardware giveaway. The first giveaway was an 8800GTS 512, won by Jay2Tall about a month or so ago. Now that Christmas is just a few weeks away I felt I should give away more than just one thing, so that more people had a chance of getting something nice in time for Christmas.

Up for grabs are 3 pieces of hardware, and one game.

The hardware is: 1X Supertalent Ultra Drive Me 32GB Sold State Drive

1X Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Pro Gamer Series Sound Card

4X 1GB Sticks of G. Skill DDR2 800 Ram

Also, I will be giving away a game (On Steam) that is 20$ or less, your choice which game that is.

Here are the rules for obtaining one of these items:

1. You must post in this thread.

2. Only one entry for an item per person, I want there to be 4 seperate winners so choose the one thing that you hope to get.

3. You must meet any specific requirements for the item that you are requesting (more on that in a second).

4. It is recommended (but not necescary) that you post a picture of the computer that you want to upgrade with one of these parts.

5. The winners will be announced here in this thread one week from now, Wed. December 9th. (the date may move slightly up or down a day depending on how many entries there are)

6. I will ship the hardware, and gift the Steam game within 3 days of the announcement. I will pay the shipping charges.
I will only ship to the continental USA, sorry Canada!

Here are some pictures of the items, and the SPECIFIC requirements that go along with them. I took the pictures near our little family Christmas tree for a nice Christmas setting!

This is a Super Talent 32GB Ultra Drive Me SSD, I bought it about 6 months ago and used it as a boot drive for Windows Vista 64bit until it took a crap. I then sent it to Super Talent for RMA, and in the mean time purchased a 120GB OCZ Vertex Drive. I just got the Rma'd 32GB Supertalent drive back in the mail today, so as you can see in the picture it is still in it's factory sealed package. However this drive is not 'new' it is probably a refurbished drive.

Although I used it as a boot drive, and it worked amazingly fast, it is just not big enough (in my opinion) to be a boot drive. But that is up to you what you do with it!

The specific rules to obtain the SSD are:

1. You do not have a high-end hard drive already, such as a Raptor drive or a brand new 7200RPM drive.

2. You tell me what you plan on doing with it if you get it. (boot drive, put a couple favorite games on it, etc.)

The second item is my Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Pro Gamer Sound Card.

Absolutely awesome sound card I have used it for a couple years and it is great. The X-FI Crystalizer feature makes your music sound so much crisper, along with all of it's other features. It also lights up red on the side. Very nice card, however after changing my motherboard to a Gigabyte UD5 I no longer have an open PCI slot to use this in, but maybe you do ?

The specific rules to obtain this item are:

1. You have either onboard sound or you have a very old soundcard such as an original soundblaster.

2. You have an available PCI slot (duh!)

3. Tell me why you would like this card, and whether you use speakers or headphones, also do you watch alot of movies on your PC ?

The last item is a 4GB kit of DDR2 800 G. Skill Ram.

Not very high end ram, but they have heatspreaders and it is 4 Gigs...
Perfect for sprucing up the performance of an old PC with DDR2 Support.

The specific rules for getting the Ram is:

1. You are upgrading a computer that has 1GB or less of ram.

2. You want to build a new computer on the cheap, and these 4GB of ram will be perfect for you...

3. You have some other way of using this ram (maybe 2GB for you, and 2GB for a friend).

Remember, even though the Sound Card and SSD and game are probably nicer than the RAM, there will probably be less entries for the RAM, therefore a better chance to win.

Finally, I am Steam-Gifting one PC game that can be bought for 20$ or less ( and there are pleanty of great titles for that price)

The rules for getting the game are:

1. You tell me what game you would like if you won, and also what are your 3 favorite games of all time ?

If you are looking at this thread, and none of the hardware can help you, or if you have a mad l33t computer already, or you just think that others might benefit more than you. Then this is the offer for you. There is no reason not to at least put your name in to try and get a free game off of steam, so what are you waiting for?

Now, I would just like to say that i am not a rich man, I am a 21 yr old full time student in college, I work about 30 hours a week at Good Guy's Pizza in Buffalo NY. So I would ask that people please not take advantage of all this in any way, and be honest about what's your computer etc. These are just parts that I don't or can't use anymore, and would rather give away than sell for a profit.

Finally I would just like to say Merry Christmas to everyone, and good luck! In my family we believe that giving gifts to others has a much deeper meaning that just 'getting stuff'. We believe it fully symbolizes God's gift to us, his son Jesus Christ who died to help free us from sin and death if we trust in him.

I don't mean to preach, but this is what me and my loved ones hold true during Christmas, good luck, and Merry Christmas!

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

First I would like to say that I would like nothing more than to give everybody in this thread something to take home.

If you did not win something during this giveaway I will assure you that I plan on doing these as often as my wallet will allow me to. Probably, once every few months. (The next giveaway will be another video card, possibly an ATI 4 or 5 series)

The Winner were chosen randomly out of a hat for sake of fairness to all.

Here are the winners:

The Winner of the 4GB DDR2 800 G.Skill Ram is Crazy359

The Winner of the Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Pro Gamer Sound Card is Logitic

Because the original winner of the SSD has not contacted me, I have decided to go through all of the entries for the SSD, and have landed on Overshocked as the new recipiant of the hdd, congrats, and don't forget to contact me via PM.

In the End I decided to give away (2) 20$ Steam games, because there were so many entries:

The Winner of the Steam games are Crosko42 And Tapion817

Thanks to everyone who participated, if you are a winner please PM me here on Tom's so i can get your house address to ship to you, or to get your Steam ID to gift the game.

If for some reason a winner does not get ahold of me in the next 48 hours I will pick a new winner.

Everybody have a wonderful Christmas. :hello:

TheViper

Distinguished
While I could use the sound card I'm not going to enter. I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to see a 21 year old student taking such a benevolent initiative.

Bravo and Merry Christmas to you, sir.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Happy holidays it's nice to see people in the giving mood.

I'm not going to enter well also I would be unable to enter as i already have a sound card (a better one by my opinion) and better ram and just order 2 new seagate 7200.12 hdd's for my windows 7 install which are plenty fast. :D

randomizer

Champion

In that case I'll go for the Steam game Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter!

Favourite games in no particular order:

1) Serious Sam: The First/Second Encounter (combined since they are a two-part game basically).
2) Left 4 Dead (Maybe L4D2 but I haven't played it enough to be sure yet)
3) Descent 3

As you can see, I'm not much of an old gamer, as I haven't really played anything prior to the late 90s.

TheViper

Distinguished
Fair enough. Put me down for the Steam Game.

The Orange Box.
EDITED: Just noticed it is $29.99 on Steam.

I'll change my selection to Mirror's Edge.

That requirement is a tough one:
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Metroid Prime

tylerfukuda

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
1. You have either onboard sound or you have a very old soundcard such as an original soundblaster.

2. You have an available PCI slot (duh!)

3. Tell me why you would like this card, and whether you use speakers or headphones, also do you watch alot of movies on your PC ?

I could def use the sound card, ATM i am using onboard audio through my MA790X-UD4P
soon hopefully i will get my pc monitors (M-audio AV40's) and that X-FI Crystalizer would be such a great pair. i watch alot of movies on my pc, and love to game. i recently watched district 9 and it was great! i have some cheap 20 dollar logitechs that dont really it for me... when i game tho i use my Fatal1ty headset (NFS,Borderlands,Quake...)

heres a picture of my new computer that i built a couple months ago for my bday... its a work in progress, i only have a stick (1gb) of ram in there :\ but maybe for christmas i can get more

http://api.ning.com/files/3krvTw-Rg2ibX9e4DWSQiXamuq2WFtRnWdCdzVq3SzE_/011.JPG?width=737&height=552

Hope everyone has a wonderful christmas and gets everything that they ever wanted
and get to spend it with the people they love

tyler

randomizer

Champion
I suppose I should have posted a pic. Here is my PC in an old case. It's exactly the same as it is now, I just swapped from this cramped little piece of crap with no place for cable management to something with more breathing space (CM690).

Yes my SSD is still not mounted anywhere, yes my X58 chipset is passively cooled and idling over 70C and yes my video card sticker is still peeling off from the heat. No, I have not cleaned that rear fan in along time. :lol:

I-Fulgore-I

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I'd like the Steam game please :p lol.
And either Mass Effect or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. Need to decide.Good luck everyone :D.

As for favorite games:
1. Fallout 3
2. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
3. Halo 2 for Windows :D
Hopefully I'll win :D

Merry Christmas to all! (And Hanukkah!)
What a nice idea this all is! :)

ubernoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I could use more ram... But i don't have any ddr2 rigs ;( ddr3 and ddr :( anyways merry christmas and nice seeing people give things out in economic downfalls trying to help out others

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
That 520HX just looks so nice,visually, compared to the rest of the stuff in that computer.

As for the game

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter!
that was a great fps game now in hd!
Based on hours logged how else can i decide!
-StarCraft
-Legend of Zelda: OOT
-Tales of Symphonia

It's in no order as making a ranking would make me go mad!

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
This post is for the: Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Pro Gamer Sound Card.

1. I have a very sad integrated sound card in my Biostar A785GE. You can look up on google the codec used ALC622 Sound and notice it has horrible volume/sound quality.

2. Yes PCI slot is available.

3. I have Logitech X240 speakers (reason I haven't upgraded is no 5.1 surround sound card)... Also I own some Klipsch Image S4 headphones so you can see how serious I am about my audio. I am looking to purchase a Creative Xmod for my laptop's sound card replacement and to use with my MP3. This card will help save me $$ since I won't have to purchase it. Thanks in advance. My next upgrade may be some etymotics HF5s or some Klipsch Custom 3 headphones for my desktop, the image s4 will be for my MP3 once I get a Cowon.

crosko42

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
I would like to enter for the Steam-Gift please.

I would like the game: Torchlight

My top games of all-time:

Half Life 2 (including episode 1-2)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Banjo Kazooie

And a Merry Christmas to you too!

welshmousepk

Distinguished
what an awesome thread, and amazing generosity

/suck up.

that SSD would certainly help me out. as you can see from my sig, my PC is approaching being a true gamers rig. but my 250gb HDD that ive had for a year. well its holding my system back.

my Windows index score is being held back 2 points thanks to this hard drive. oh what an SSD could do...

of course, it would be a boot drive. blinging, to help my PC look even cooler. and it could hold at least one additional game. that would have to be MW2. im the only pc gamer round here that plays it, so it deserves some SSD lovin.

*kiss*

I just wanted to say what a nice and generous thing you are doing annisman. As for me, I won't put in for anything as I bought myself enough new comp stuff for Christmas as it is (all the stuff in my sig, sans 4850).

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

I gotta say the placement of that SSD is hilarious, it would be alot worse however, if it was a regular spin drive.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Please enter me for the Ram.
I have been saving parts for a Media Center in my Den.
So far I have:
Ga-P35 board
E6750 w/HSF
WD 250 HDD
Hauppague 2250 Tuner
9600GT

Still need:
PSU...I gave 2 away this past year. errrr
RAM

Delta 47

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I really can't use any of the PC parts. I have a laptop and its not the worth the upgrade even if it is possible. Its great to see you in the Christmas spirit, I wish I could do the same though I have nothing digital or PC related parts to hand out.

I think I'll enter in for the Steam Gift. I would really like to play Team Fortress 2. I've been saving up to buy a new (Desktop) PC so I haven't had any extra money to buy games lately. My favorite games are:

1) Half-Life 2 (Currently playing through it, best game ever!)
2) Star Wars Battlefront II (The first PC video game I bought, and still pretty decent)
3) Counter-Strike (Well, it was one of the most widely played games and still is)

And I'm really glad you said something about Christ. I'm a Christian and I certainly believe that Christ is the center of Christmas. Though it isn't actually his birthday it is a day we can set aside and be thankful for all He's given us. He gave us the one gift none of us can give - His Son and I'm so thankful for that. Best wishes to you and your family and Merry Christmas!

vznoobie12

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
What a nice thing to do for the holiday season!

I purchased my rig about a month ago, so your parts will be better spent with the others. Unfortunately for me, that left me with little money for a next-gen game.

I would like to enter for the steam gift, with my game of choice being: Mass Effect

My old rig wasn't all that great, so my gaming experience has been limited to old school games :D
1) Starcraft
2) Doom 3
3) Half-life (original)

lewtz

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Wow, very nice of you. And a Merry Christmas to you too. I'd like to enter into the Game give away. I'm REALLY light on money myself as I lost my job, and this is something amazing your doing for total strangers.

I'll choose
Bioshock (my friends keep telling me to buy it)

MY favorite games of all time..hard choices..
1) Everquest, I guess as I spent yrs playing it
2) Doom2 and Wolfenstien, as those were my first real PC games.
3) The original Tony Hawk for Dreamcast, as me and my buds spent a many a night playing Horse in it.

Awesome giveaway, and good luck to everyone who enters.
Merry Christmas.

I would like that sound card. But please do let us know how to enroll for this giveaway!

1. I only have on-board sound.
2. I have the PCI slot.
3. My speaker and the on-board driver don't match well. Would like to have that to improve the sound quality! I watch a lot of movies over the weekend. On an average 5-8 per week. Also love rock songs! But unfortunately don't have the sound quality to boot! I don't get the feel of movies on a headphone so i only use speakers, headphones are only for gaming. Sound quality-wise, my PC sucks!