Cable management- Before and after pics. What do you think?

xMyazXtr3me

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I rebuilt my PC to install a new CPU cooler and to fix my cable management, its not the best, but its much better, and im pretty happy with it. :bounce:

Before:
img0196oc.jpg

After:
img0216r.jpg

img0230qk.jpg

img0228a.jpg

Corsair PSU's are super hard to have good cable management with since there is a ton of extremely thick cables inside of a standard size ATX Case. If you want real good cable mangement i recommend a full tower. Oh yeah and i also put in a Cold Cathode

Mobo- Asus P6X58D Premium
CPU- Intel Core i7 920 with Coolermaster N520 (OC to 3.5 soon)
GPU- EVGA GTX 480 Superclocked
RAM- 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
HDD- 1TB WD Black 7200RPM
PSU- Corsair 850w

Looks kind of like an Antec 900 to me, based on the window design, and the fact that there's no behind-mobo routing.

It's difficult to manage cables without a modular PSU. I personally like the wrapped cables on Corsair PSUs, since the non-wrapped cables on my Antec just move all over the place.

xMyazXtr3me

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah its an Antec 900, sorry for not putting that in there. It was a pain, and i have the newer version of the antec 900 that does have the routing behind the mobo. but i didnt use that. i just used the holes on the side of the mobo.

Haha, Boiler, I actually was thinking of challenging myself on my next build. I think I'm going to do some case modding on the Illusion (If I do do the build). Thinking Window, Painted black, cut out the honey comb fan guards, and cable management holes. You should buy a dremel and cut out a hole for the psu!