GTX 560 Discussion, the verdict is out, what do you think?

well the gtx 560 is out what do people think, after seeing Tom's review it seems to be just about what I personally thought it was going to produce. Looks like a great value, what are peoples thoughts? Looks like the midrange gains even more value and the gtx 470 is waived goodbye... I still see a market with the gtx 460 for the lower budgets but at this point the 4 series is almost on its way out...

I assume we will be seeing deals such as this among others:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127519

yeah I'd agree I see that I probably should have started this comment in the gtx 500 series discussion but oh well, I'm still going for a second 6870 when money comes around, but if I had an sli setup I would seriously consider 2 of these for sli, or even 1 for now would be more than enough power...

yeah I have a 6870 which makes me feel a bit inferior for the time being, but no reason to switch over at this point, my mobo is xfire only and I plan on getting a second 6870 at which time I will have performance comparable to gtx 560 sli so I'm not to upset at how good it seems... although by comparison the 460 is still plenty powerful especially when oc'ed, if I was running a 2 or 9 series nvidia I'd probably upgrade to a 560 or 570 but for now I too will be set in my course of gpu selection..

I am going to tell you this, it may say xfire only on the box and has a ati/intel chipset underneath but that doesn't mean that you can't do sli.

slix.jpg

This was before I had upgraded to my gtx 460 and moved my two 9800gt back into my 780i build. My cpu wasn't cut out for sli due to its clocks.

At least yesterday I manged to get my self a ok quad core. x4 820 (amazingly it booted at my old settings with the base clock at 285mhz.

thats good news about your quad, thanks for sharing the photo but it won't load, yeah im well aware that sli is possible but being that I already bought 1 6870 im gonna stick with it

That is strange, it was working when I posted my video. :pt1cable: Oh well welcome to the wonky world of web 2.0