Sign in with
Your question

DVI to HDMI cable poorly working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2011 2:35:43 PM

First off i have a Samsung P2770HD 27" LCD Monitor with all the interface types except display port. specs on my pc:
C2D E7500 2.93GHZ
Asus P5N32 E-SLI 680i motherboard
Evga 260 GTX
600 watt PSU Antec
Corsair DHX 4 GB (2 X 2 GB) 240-pin DDR2 800MHz Dual Channel
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Lite-on DVD+RW drive

all drivers and bios are updated

Been using a VGA cable with DVI adapter that connects to the graphics card and has been working perfectly being able to support 1920x1080 resolution.

I decided to look for at least a DVI cable now but just found a DVI to HDMI cable and figured that would work. turns out it's worse than a VGA connection.
the round edges of the icons are very grainy and the font is all annoying to look at. i did play with nvidia's calibration and the monitor's but it didnt do much. so for the time being i'm back on my vga cable and will probably return the dvi-hdmi cable and get a DVI-only cable or just my money back. wouldn't mind solving this problem though if there is one. thanks.
January 25, 2011 2:54:54 PM

Nevermind i found the right solution and am currently using DVI-HDMI cable. For anyone that has this problem here is the solution

"-Hit "Source" button on remote
- Arrow up/down to "HDMI' on the list, hit "Tools" button on the remote
- Arrow up/down to "Edit Name" on the next list, hit "Enter" button on the remote
- Arrow up/down to "HDMI" on the next list, hit "Enter" button on the remote
- Arrow up/down to "DVI PC" or "PC" on the next list, hit "Enter" button on the remote (Monitor should automatically adjust picture so that text does not look terrible)
- Hit "Exit" button on remote and WALA!"

quoted from fiveevif
m
l
March 14, 2012 11:34:00 PM

paidbyhalf13 said:
Nevermind i found the right solution and am currently using DVI-HDMI cable. For anyone that has this problem here is the solution

"-Hit "Source" button on remote
- Arrow up/down to "HDMI' on the list, hit "Tools" button on the remote
- Arrow up/down to "Edit Name" on the next list, hit "Enter" button on the remote
- Arrow up/down to "HDMI" on the next list, hit "Enter" button on the remote
- Arrow up/down to "DVI PC" or "PC" on the next list, hit "Enter" button on the remote (Monitor should automatically adjust picture so that text does not look terrible)
- Hit "Exit" button on remote and WALA!"

quoted from fiveevif

Wow glad i found your information! I was pissed cause I had no clue.. I won this TV refurbished on Ebay ($194.40 WOOT) and was like, aww crappy! Now it looks fine and crispy! I have it next to my 27'' sam LED and 23.6'' Asus :na: 

Now, to adjust the picture color! Any tips?
m
l
!