Closed

Amplify Sound Output

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • DVD
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
a b D Laptop
April 18, 2005 9:44:46 PM

When I take my kids on the plane the sound from the DVD on my laptop is
inaudible. Is there any software that can increase/amplify the sound
from what I am getting already? I know that there is ripping software
that will allow you to amplify it when you rip, which then is loud
enough on the new version, but I own the DVD and just want to play it
louder.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Josh

More about : amplify sound output

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 19, 2005 12:44:36 AM

The kids are too young for headphones. They rip them off. I am
looking for some type of software.

Thanks,
Josh
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 19, 2005 5:23:51 AM

joshfeingold wrote:
> When I take my kids on the plane the sound from the DVD on my laptop
> is inaudible. Is there any software that can increase/amplify the
> sound from what I am getting already? I know that there is ripping
> software that will allow you to amplify it when you rip, which then
> is loud enough on the new version, but I own the DVD and just want to
> play it louder.
>
> Any advice?

Headphones.

Regards,

James
a b D Laptop
April 19, 2005 10:40:34 AM

"joshfeingold" <joshfeingold@hotmail.com> wrote:
>When I take my kids on the plane the sound from the DVD on my laptop is
>inaudible.

Please don't play your DVDs on the plane without headphones. Get a
headphone amp with multiple outputs, matches headphones, and teach
your kids to use them.
April 20, 2005 1:57:11 AM

Be seriously annoying if I were on your row and had to listen to
bambi/teletubbies for the duration of the flight.

Dan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 20, 2005 5:38:17 AM

joshfeingold wrote:
> The kids are too young for headphones. They rip them off. I am
> looking for some type of software.

How annoying are you and your yuppie larvae willing to become to the other
passengers on board?

Seriously, get some headphones. There are extremely small and light ones
available nowadays that your children should be able to learn to put up
with.

Regards,

James
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2010 3:01:50 PM

Alright, screw whether or not he has no "Plane Tact" the guy wants an application or software to amplify his audio output, anyone have any real ideas? You can always upgrade your hardware, guaranteeing higher levels of volume, or search for something compatible with your current configuration that will allow you to "tweak" your settings. This may not be an issue for you anymore but if it is, I'm almost suggesting a new set up, or a new way to pass time on flights. lol
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2010 3:02:39 PM

Haha his kids are 5 and a half years older now so ya, Headphones. lol
February 15, 2011 7:00:27 AM

I had the same problem on my Toshiba C655. This is how I fixed it without downloading or putting on headphones.

Go to control panel then hardware and sound. Then go to change system sounds(right under the bold sound. Go to the playback tab, click your default playback device(which should be speakers) then click properties in the lower right of the window. Then go to the enhancements tab and enable:

loudness equalization
virtual sound
bass boost(optional)

then test your sound, but try not to bust you eardrums :)

Your welcome,
Pjizzil
February 16, 2011 7:44:53 PM

This may not help everyone but is worth checking before the hassle of searching for software:

For XP, open volume control by right clicking the speaker in the notification area (bottom left of taskbar). Select Open Volume Control. Although your master volume (Volume Control) maybe maxed make sure others are maxed too, like Wave (which also affects output volume from players). If you can't see the ones you want you may need to make them visible from Options Menu / Properties.

If the volume control speaker isn't visible in the notification area (bottom left of taskbar), you can make it visible via Control Panel / Sounds / Place Icon on the Taskbar checkbox.

And PS, I had to register to post this ugh!
a b D Laptop
February 19, 2011 2:32:58 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!