und3rtaker

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hello community!
Here is my problem:

Whilst playing games (e.g. CoD: MW2, CoD: BO, GTA IV) everything is running smoothly but then for some reason still unknown to me the game just like freezes for a second or two then it unfreezes, works normally for a while and then again freeze.

Using:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
ATI Radeon HD4870
4GB RAM
Asus P5B MOBO

Also i've put on some arctic cooling mx-3 paste on both GPU and CPU

(hope this is right category...couldn't find better one...sorry if tis wrong).

Please help me this ;)

could be texture swapping problem ?......... perhaps not enough L3 cache on your processor. Maybe you need to clean up your hard drive and defrag ? Maybe you need to increase your virtual ram. ( page filing )

opsys, res/monitor size, game settings, etc.......

und3rtaker

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Dont think that is the prob, mw2 worked just fine with my previous cpu E6420. I am practicly cleaning my HDD every week or two. As i last saw virtual ram is maxed (if im right) at 4096...the capacity of my ram. Game settins are normal, havent tuned them up + they are default more or less.

G

Try checking all your drivers, I had something like this once and updating graphics drivers fixed the issue

http://serenityindex.blogspot.com/

virtual ram........ when your system uses the HD as a place to "dump" what the other hardware in your system can't process because of lack of space...... for simple terms........

start/right click my computer/properties/advanced/performance-settings/advanced/virtual memory/change.../set/ok.... see what it's set at and make changes.

und3rtaker

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Automatically manage paging file size for all drives is checked. Then in the table: for particion c there is system managed paging file size, and there is none for particion d where i have my games at. Is that normal?

und3rtaker

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I think this is what u need....

a.jpg

are you playing games or are you too slow to follow simple instructions ?....... what does it say for space available under the virtual memory window..... above in the window that you only printed the bottom of..... ( see your pic )

to be honest i only ever did it for the main drive. i don't even know if you can do it to both drives. i think all the off loading goes to your main drive so just do that one. 10000/10000........ you shouldn't have to worry about that for a while. forgot to ask earlier...... your main drive, not full or near full is it ?

this site really blows for editing...... i need to edit. for a while, not long ago, i did use a separate drive for this..... not allowing page filing on my main drive. worked fine as far as i could tell. but having a large amount.... many times more than suggested, and having them both the same ( 10000 in this case ) was darn good IMO.

und3rtaker

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Id also like to ad that when those short freezes occur, a vent decreases it speed. I hear it but i dont rly know which vent is decreasing its speed. Its either cpu or gpu....