Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nearing the end ToB

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 9:25:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

I'm nearing the end of ToB and have a few questions.
I have the following mods installed: ease of use, dungeon begone, Soulafein,
improved
bosses, multi stronghold, Kelsey, calc and possible some I've forgotten.

Since I first picked it up the ring in Wakeens Promenade at the beginning,
calc (the
ring that is supposed to keep a tally of kills) has never worked. When I
summon the imp he just spouts rubbish with gibberish dialogue options to
respond. As this had no obvious detrimental effect I just stuck the ring in
my pocket and carried on. Bit late now but if/when I next play through it
would be nice to have it working, so any help welcome.

Just met up with Balthazaar and the conversation was extremely strange, with
him reciting the description and stats for various weapons and spells, my
response options again consisted of more of the same. Luckily after a few
randomly chosen responses he turned red and the battle commenced.
Not sure if I was just lucky or he was unduly weak as after only a few
second he was dead and his minions legged it. A big letdown after the fights
with Sendai and Abi.... ( the fight with the Dragon was particularly tough
and took repeated attempts to get through without at least 1 of my party
getting chunked). Was he meant to be so easy? and what's with the wacky
dialogue?

I have also had a problem with a bunch of Eclipse fighters who are after
Soul. They seem to have a knack of teleporting me to a battle at all the
wrong moments. So far I have always had to reload and avoid doing whatever
triggered there arrival, as these battles consist of them casting an Eclipse
spell that disables all my party except Soulafein, they then destroy my
party 1 by 1 while I am totally powerless to resist. So far I haven't found
a tactic that works against them. A few pointers would be very welcome.

Many thanks
Daje

More about : nearing end tob

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 10:12:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Daje <djenkinsnospam@nefu.co.uk> wrote:

: and took repeated attempts to get through without at least 1 of my party
: getting chunked). Was he meant to be so easy? and what's with the wacky
: dialogue?

Looks like your mod dialogue has gotten hosed. This could be due to having
installed TOB or the TOB patch after you installed mods. Sounds like Cal
and Ascension have been affected, and if Kelsey's speaking his correct
lines I'd be a bit surprised.

At the least I would suggest trying to reinstall those mods by re-running
their Setup-xxxx.exe installers.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 1:05:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Jason Compton" <jcompton@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote in message
news:cc2ud9$hg1$3@new7.xnet.com...
> Daje <djenkinsnospam@nefu.co.uk> wrote:
>
> : and took repeated attempts to get through without at least 1 of my party
> : getting chunked). Was he meant to be so easy? and what's with the wacky
> : dialogue?
>
> Looks like your mod dialogue has gotten hosed. This could be due to having
> installed TOB or the TOB patch after you installed mods. Sounds like Cal
> and Ascension have been affected, and if Kelsey's speaking his correct
> lines I'd be a bit surprised.
>
> At the least I would suggest trying to reinstall those mods by re-running
> their Setup-xxxx.exe installers.
>
> --
> Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

I can't now remember the order I installed everything in, but I was
following the instructions from one of the groups regular posters. Anyway
I'll try re-running the set-ups this weekend. I just tried the last battle
and again the dialogue was all over the place, everyone had dialogue options
from Cespenar.
Apart from Cal and getting the unseeing eye quest to kick off everything
seemed to be working find throughout SoA, My female main character was
having a whale of a time with Kelsey, but when I moved into ToB, suddenly
Kelsey had nothing to say to me and was flirting with Imoen. Is it possible
that something also got screwed here or must I have said/done something to
annoy him that I missed?

Thanks
Daje
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 12:23:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Daje <djenkinsnospam@nefu.co.uk> wrote:

: Apart from Cal and getting the unseeing eye quest to kick off everything
: seemed to be working find throughout SoA, My female main character was
: having a whale of a time with Kelsey, but when I moved into ToB, suddenly
: Kelsey had nothing to say to me and was flirting with Imoen. Is it possible
: that something also got screwed here or must I have said/done something to
: annoy him that I missed?

Hmmm, that would imply that you didn't actually finish the Kelsey-SOA
romance, either by accidentally ending it or by completing SOA too
quickly. Kelsey has to ask you about your romantic past (and volunteer
info about his own) before the romance reaches the committed stage, at
which point it carries across to TOB.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
!