Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Data Grid updates

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:19:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Ship Devices (includes engine speeds and weapon sizes now)
http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap_devices.pdf

Tax Rates and Happiness (complex rate formula added)
http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap_tax_happiness.p...

Special Buildings (New!)
http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap_specialbuilding...

More about : data grid updates

August 19, 2005 12:58:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Correction Special Buildings (New!)

RESORT [SCAVS]
The scavanagers may have this item as one of their special buildings
but they are unable to build one(HOST does not allow it). Therefore it
should be removed because it is actually a display bug in the SCAV
racepack.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:34:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

OH YES !

"Amaranthine" <amaranthine1@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1124461174.796354.130200@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Ship Devices (includes engine speeds and weapon sizes now)
> http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap_devices.pdf
>
> Tax Rates and Happiness (complex rate formula added)
> http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap_tax_happiness.p...
>
> Special Buildings (New!)
> http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/geop/vgap_specialbuilding...
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:10:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

They can't build it... OK

But can they keep them if they are GBA to them ?
or if they take them via Ground combat ?

>
> RESORT [SCAVS]
> The scavanagers may have this item as one of their special buildings
> but they are unable to build one(HOST does not allow it). Therefore it
> should be removed because it is actually a display bug in the SCAV
> racepack.
>
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 2:49:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Can the Scav have a Resort at all then? If they captured a Fed base,
for example?

Can races with a shared Special Building capture them from other races
with the same building?
August 23, 2005 5:56:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

* Can the Scav have a Resort at all then? If they captured a Fed base,
for example?
## Scav can never have a Resort. When a base is captured all the
Special Buildings are first destroyed. (This may not be the case if the
capture race is the same race i.e. EE capturing another EE base, But I
think in this case the special buildings are also destroyed).

* Can races with a shared Special Building capture them from other
races with the same building?
## Nop. Special Buildings are not transferable. Only the Common
buildings are transferable\capturable. All special Buildings are
destroyed first.



Amaranthine schrieb:

> Can the Scav have a Resort at all then? If they captured a Fed base,
> for example?
>
> Can races with a shared Special Building capture them from other races
> with the same building?
August 25, 2005 5:36:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

The main question is:
Is a Resort a Common or Special Building?

If it is a common building then everyone would be able to capture one
and keep it.
If it is a Special building then no one would be able to capture one
and keep it. (via Ground Combat\GBA or otherwise) [But I would have to
check the GBA option but I think Tim as this covered too]
I beleive that it is on Tim Special Buildings List i.e. Gun Zeros,
Labor Camps, Labor mines, etc are all special Buildings.

* But can they keep them if they are GBA to them ?
Special Buildings : No [Need to test this for a Resort to verify if a
Resort is a Common or Special Building]
Common Buildings : Yes

* Or if they take them via Ground combat ?
Special Buildings : No
Common Buildings : Yes

I do know that if I script a game, giving one to a Scav they keep it
even though they cannot build it?
You are giving them a Special Building that in normal game
terms\running they would never get their hands on. But if they lose it
they are unable to ever build or get a new one.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 8:59:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

I do know that if I script a game, giving one to a Scav they keep it even
though they cannot build it.
"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> wrote in message
news:niwNe.13529$7R.939480@news20.bellglobal.com...
> They can't build it... OK
>
> But can they keep them if they are GBA to them ?
> or if they take them via Ground combat ?
>
> >
> > RESORT [SCAVS]
> > The scavanagers may have this item as one of their special buildings
> > but they are unable to build one(HOST does not allow it). Therefore it
> > should be removed because it is actually a display bug in the SCAV
> > racepack.
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:58:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

I found this on clausimu 'Collected Features' site:

"Races can capture special races building of other bases, if the two
are of the same race type (A Cyborg can capture enemy King's Palaces.)"

Doesn't answer the question of different races with the same building
though.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:22:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

"Doc" <doconnor76@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124959008.607314.163600@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> If it is a Special building then no one would be able to capture one
> and keep it. (via Ground Combat\GBA or otherwise)


I thought you could keep a special building if you, too could own that
special building. For example I thought a Robot player who GAs another Robot
player and captures a base with a Gun Zero gets to keep it, no?

IIRC the way to get Scriptz0r to start a Scav Base with a Resort is to give
them "Special Building 1" or whatever it is called in the Scriptz0r base
editing menu.
August 26, 2005 5:28:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Tim made a code modification to the way that Buildings are stored in a
recent host change where he broke the list of buildings into Common
Buildings (Farms, Mines, UnderCities etc) and Special Buildings (Gun
Zeros, Labor Camps etc).
The rules of engagement of buildings that chnaged slightly since that
item was written on clausimu 'Collected Features' site.

Couldn't fine the item on Tim's vgaplanets list of changes. It must
have been specified somewhere else. Will try and find!


Amaranthine schrieb:

> I found this on clausimu 'Collected Features' site:
>
> "Races can capture special races building of other bases, if the two
> are of the same race type (A Cyborg can capture enemy King's Palaces.)"
>
> Doesn't answer the question of different races with the same building
> though.
!