Sign in with
Your question

Corsair cmz8gx3m2a1600c9 and asus p8h67

Last response: in Memory
March 4, 2012 5:28:23 PM

I have a memory problem with the ASUS P8 H67 Rev X0.x and Corsair Vengeance Pefromance DDR-3-1600-PC3-12800 - CL9 ram.
If i run the system with 2 x 4 GB sticks it runs perfectly fine (boots properly)

If I try and install 4 sticks (or 2 sticks not in the first two dimm slots), it will not boot and gives the MemOK memory light.

This is the configuration:

Asus P8Z67
4x4 GB Corsair Vengeance Performance DDR3-1600 - PC3-12800 - CL9 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)
Intel i5 2500K
Cooler Master PSU GX 850W
Sapphire Radeon HD6800

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 4, 2012 6:17:13 PM

From the looks of your post, it seems that the motherboard has one or two damaged memory slots. Have you tried all four modules in the two slots that you know work? If so, do they all work? If so, then run a Memtest with each individual module in a working slot on the motherboard. If any of the modules give errors then the erroneous module(s) need to be replaced. You should be able to RMA them or at least use the warranty.
March 4, 2012 6:28:26 PM

Thank you, that was my first solutution (sorry should have said). The motherboard apparently does work, I returned it as faulty and they ran it with 4 2gb kingston ram chips and it would boot. I will run memtest again, but am rather unhopeful.
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 4, 2012 7:20:25 PM

Have you tried all of the memory modules in the slots that do work for you? If not, then try it. Remember to run memtest on one module at a time because having multiple modules sometimes makes a faulty module seem fine.

If the motherboard is fine, then chances are you have faulty memory. If the memory is also fine, then I'm afraid I have no solution.
!