Sign in with
Your question

Recommended Motherboard For Around $200?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 4, 2012 7:47:57 PM

Alright well this is my first time building a computer, and the thing I am worried the most about are motherboards. I realize it's an extremely important part of the computer and there are so many different ones to choose from.

My absolute biggest fear is DOA motherboards. If I can't RMA a DOA motherboard I will be stuck with everything but one and will not have a computer. A lot of motherboards that have been recommended to me have a lot of bad reviews saying they have received DOA motherboards.

The original motherboard I was going to choose was this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I don't know what's bad about it, but I was recommended to get either this:

or this:

Both of these have a lot of people complaining about receiving them DOA. I'm extremely afraid of this. Would you still recommend going with one of these boards? If so, which?

Or if you have better suggestions, please let me know. Other parts in my computer include Radeon 7970 GPU, i5 2500k cpu, 4x4 1600mhz 240 pin RAM, and SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply.

Thank you.

Edit: I realize more people will review to complain about a DOA than to leave a good review but I'd still like to decrease the chance as much as possible.

More about : recommended motherboard 200

a c 107 V Motherboard
March 5, 2012 7:17:40 PM

All three are good motherboards. When you buy something new you need to have luck. Now you can see how lucky you are.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 5, 2012 7:23:41 PM

find a local shop close to you have at least 7 DAY return period...
m
l
Related resources
March 5, 2012 7:39:42 PM

I have recently built 2 machines for friends with the asrock board. it is cheap but it is a quality board and i havent had a problem with either of them. I got one of them to take a 2500k to 4.4ghz stable which is what my expensive board got my 2500k to run so IMO its a nice board. just my 2 cents
m
l
March 5, 2012 10:57:57 PM

If you buy something online and it arrives DOA, newegg will replace it or at least give you a refund for the item. This applies to almost any online retailer, yes this includes motherboards, ram and CPUs.
m
l
March 7, 2012 2:34:54 AM

Oh ok, thanks for your help so far. Which of the boards mentioned here would you recommend? What do the other boards have that make them so much more expensive, or better, than the ASRock board?
m
l
a c 329 V Motherboard
March 7, 2012 3:18:11 AM

I would go with ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3, it is top mobo that match the top components and that is important to have a smile on the face.

It is the best overclocker out of the 3, and it will produce the stability of the system due to its power design.

Wont be disappointed with this one.
m
l
!