Sign in with
Your question

Pink Dots On LCD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 26, 2011 4:38:34 AM

Hello, just noticed an issue within the last hour where I am getting random pink dots all over 1 of 2 of my LCD monitors (the primary). Sometimes they are clumped together, sometimes far apart, sometimes they are horizontal lines where I would have normally highlighted something. They went away for 15 minutes or so when I changed the resolution from and back to 1920x1080 and when I switched users. Since the last time it has yet to return, but it's only been about 10 minutes. Has anyone seen this before? More likely the monitor or my 460? I figure if the issue is popping up consistently then I should swap the monitors to see if it is still happening to the new primary monitor. If so, maybe my card's going out, since I would imagine that a driver issue would cause problems on both monitors...? Any thoughts?

One more thing... the screenshots that I took didn't show the pink dots once I temporarily fixed the issue, so using SnagIt to capture an image of the issue is not possible. Maybe that's a clue? My first thought with that would be the monitor, but, again, let me know what you think.

More about : pink dots lcd

a b U Graphics card
January 26, 2011 10:35:35 AM

Sounds like the monitor to me. If the screenshots are perfect on a perfect screen but taken when the screen was acting up suggests the graphics card is fine and the monitor may be being wierd.
m
l
!