I want more memory. What is the upgrade to the Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz

aespirate6644

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I had my desktop upgraded a while back but want to know if there is an upgrade to the Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz? My computer is an HP Pavilion a1412n and I actually have 2 of these cards installed. What do you suggest? Thank you for any help you may offer.

popatim

Titan
Whats your planned use, they are fine for web browsing, word processing, heck my grandson even played Wow on mine but I had an ATI 3850 card in it so he could play on medium settings, 2gb ram, and a 4 drive raid 0 to move some data (fast drives are vital to gaming imo)

aespirate6644

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
just using it for basics like you listed not even gaming- it is just getting a little slow and a little glitchy but it's been maintained with good antivirus- it has given acceptable service since 2005 - no complaints

That is not the proper way to behave on Toms
We are a well respected community and have many people across the world
view this forum
There is no reason to disrespect the OP on this thread like this
While it may be true to some extent you could have phrased much more
nicely
Keep acting this way and moderators will notice

szbxa

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009

Oh really? So I'm disrepecting the OP now? I keep my saying straight, simple and blatant, that's the way I am. As polite as you are, I DON'T have to be. I give the right advice and try to help people in my way, instead of starting problems.
:pt1cable: Getting the moderators in action eh? Oh I'm sure I would be banned any time soon because of my "violation of copyright", my "harass, threaten, embarass or insult of others", may be it's my "harmful, abusive and racist speech"?
maybe you wanna take a look in Rules of conduct right beside your Submit button? "Don't hijack a topic, Stick To The Original Conversation", if you've got all the problems you need to cry out, pm me? maybe?

While I appreciate you're trying to help szbxa, please try to be a little nicer when posting things like "That's an old piece of crap, not worth investing in. Save up for a new pc rather. "

There's nothing that says you can't be blunt with your responses, but please at least try and sugar coat it a tiny bit :). It saves both you, and the mod team a bunch of headaches in the long run.