Need some opionions on $1500 build

halfstrike

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Would like some opinions,critiques on this build my budget is about 1500 so keep this in mind with any suggestions you make.

Gamer Paladin E850
Case ( CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case - Black )

Processor ( Intel® Core™ i5 760 Processor (4x 2.80GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )

Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155 & 1156] - Enermax Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade )

Memory ( 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - ** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand )

Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 - 1GB - Single Card )

Motherboard ( ASUS P7P55 LX )

Motherboard USB / SATA Interface ( [Free] Internal USB 3.0 PCI-E 2.0 x1 Expansion Card )

Power Supply ( 750 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-750TX )

Primary Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive )

Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )

1 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black )

Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )

Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )

Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit )

Monitor ( 22" LCD 1920x1080 -- Sceptre X226W-1920 (21.5" Viewable) )

I will take advice on anything(except "build it yourself stuff" dont have time school/work fulltime).

This computer is for gaming purposes(school work n stuff surfing) mainly gaming though.

This is an IBUYPOWER build for about $1600. So anything you can let me know that i dont need or do need to cut cost or give me more for my budget is greatly appreciated also quality of the parts. Im in no hurry to purchase the computer so if i should wait for something..... or anything like that let me know. Thanks in advance

bdbeall

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I hate to undermind a wonderful company like IBUYPOWER, but i own a computer customization and repair business and usually sell a similar build for $1500 free shipping. If you would like to upgrade this to the new Sandy Bridge Core i7 2600, i could do that for only like $100 more. If you are interested let me know or Private message me with an email to talk further.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
That entire build is crap.
1. i5 760? Hells to the no, man. Buy a computer with a sandybridge i7-2500(k).
2. Liquid cooling? Save the money from that (and the maintenance) and get an air cooler. It will probably work better than that water-cooling solution, anyway. Take up less space, too. (radiator)
3. GTX 460? I can't imagine how this computer costs so much, but only has this card. Look at the marathon builds on Tom's. The $1000 build has an AMD 6950, trumping that one by a mile.
4. You shouldn't need anything more than a 550w power supply with just one graphics card.
5. Are you really going to use a flash media reader/writer? All electronics connect to computers via USB now. It's redundant.
6. You sure you want to spend bucks on a sound card? Onboard sound works more than 'fine' on any motherboard from Asus.

I know you don't want to build it yourself. You should be able to find a plenty fine computer company online that will build you something better.

halfstrike

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010

i appreciate the input for telling me im out of my mind im gonna go do some more research and take what you said into account. Good Lookin mayne

halfstrike

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz (Unlocked CPU ) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue)
System Memory: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 750W Digital Storm Certified (Dual SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB
Extreme Cooling: Standard Factory Heat-sink and Fan
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks

Okay guys i came up with this build its cheaper thatn the IBUYPOWER one chose not to go with them this one is $1500 exactly with tax and shipping. I did some research on the parts i chose this time hopefully it didnt me some good. let me know please. thanks in advanced

Zenthar

Distinguished
Probably good, but it would have been nice to have a brand name on PSU, RAM, GPU and a definite on the HDD as I think Seagate is better than Hitachi. Moreover, I would definitely say you are overpaying for that, but that is the case for any prebuilt gaming PC. Maybe you should look for an online store that also offer assembly service; here in Canada, NCIX does that for 50$ (and I think they have a US checkout option); you would be getting better price AND the trouble-free aspect.

Zenthar

Distinguished
Just for the sake of it, I tried to remake my build at NCIXUS.com:
i5-2500K + MSI P67A-G43
Corsair Graphite 600T
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
Seagate 7200.12 1TB
Seasonic 750W
Corsair A50 Performance CPU Cooler (Not stellar performance, but good for the price)
Samsung 22X SATA Black DVD Writer Lightscribe OEM
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr OC 880MHZ 1GB
PC Assembly and Testing With 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty (PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased)
With that you will get two 10$ NCIX gift cards, Futuremark 3DMARK 11 Advanced Edition Coupon for Digital Download (MSI Promo) and Just Cause 2 & Mafia 2 Coupon for Digital Download (NVIDIA Promo Only) all for free.

Total price is 1139.61+tx+ship and it will be assembled for you (and OS preconfigured too) ... good enough?

I don't understand why OP cannot build it yourself, literally it takes like 10 minutes to watch Newegg's build it yourself guide. Then it just takes less than 2 hours to put it together w/o cable management. Took me about 2 hours total to put my first build together w/o cable management. Trouble shooting is easy as the manuals come in handy, so does google with many amounts of articles.

But Zenthar's build looks good.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Alright, here you go. This is from Cyberpowerpc.com

Configuration
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P8P67 Deluxe Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI, DIGI+VRM, 7.1 HD Audio, BT GO! Dual GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping] [+123]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+95] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

It has twice the videocards that your other build has, twice the RAM, and nothing is compromised. $1500.