Sign in with
Your question

Geforce 570 card glitch - pic inside

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 26, 2011 2:07:15 PM

this is the gfx glitch im getting in my game.. Also in battle field, Bad company 2 ive been getting some weird glitches as well. I removed my vid card driver and installed the latest but this still happens in league of legends. Any recommendations?
a b U Graphics card
January 26, 2011 2:12:24 PM

Have you got another graphics card or can you borrow a friends graphics card known to work fine to isolate whether it is the card itself or something else?

It could also be a RAM problem, download and run memtest (you will have to burn an ISO to a CD) to test for errors in the memory. I once had graphical glitches that turned out to be a memory problem.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, was it simply through windows or did you do it thoroughly with driver sweeper? That may be worth another shot.

What are the temps of the graphics card under load? Run a game for a bit and get GPU-Z to log temps when under load.

Lastly, what is your full system spec?
m
l
January 26, 2011 2:17:43 PM

Griffolion said:
Have you got another graphics card or can you borrow a friends graphics card known to work fine to isolate whether it is the card itself or something else?

It could also be a RAM problem, download and run memtest (you will have to burn an ISO to a CD) to test for errors in the memory. I once had graphical glitches that turned out to be a memory problem.

When you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, was it simply through windows or did you do it thoroughly with driver sweeper? That may be worth another shot.

What are the temps of the graphics card under load? Run a game for a bit and get GPU-Z to log temps when under load.

Lastly, what is your full system spec?

ill have to try a bunch of those things. I havent done memtest or did the driver sweeper. My specs are

i5-2500k, 8gig ripjaw, geforce 570. need the mobo and all that fun stuff?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 26, 2011 2:31:59 PM

Mobo will be nice, PSU too please.

From what i can see, everything is fairly new and shiny so we'll not consider other parts just yet.

But yeah, get on with the things i suggested, it's gruelling and boring but it's really necessary if you want us to help you get somewhere.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 26, 2011 2:51:41 PM

To uninstall drivers, first do it via windows uninstaller. The run driver sweeper to get rid of any remaining remnants of the graphics card driver software. Then, after restarting, do a reinstall of the drivers.

The PSU looks good, so it isn't likely a power issue.
m
l
January 26, 2011 3:17:19 PM

Griffolion said:
To uninstall drivers, first do it via windows uninstaller. The run driver sweeper to get rid of any remaining remnants of the graphics card driver software. Then, after restarting, do a reinstall of the drivers.

The PSU looks good, so it isn't likely a power issue.

well i tried memtest but it sticks at 5%, but i dont have patience so i didnt give it more time to run (i gave it like 5 mins before i restarted). Other than that, i swapped my ram slots and now my games seem to be running fine but i dont know how long that will last, if it even does. I did the drive sweeper incorrectly it seems as well. I just uninstalled everything via drive sweeper so, if i get messed up again ill try it your way
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 26, 2011 4:58:40 PM

You uninstalled EVERYTHING, including motherboard drivers? That may add to your problems, check to see that you havent obliterated your motherboard drivers as well.

The fact you swapped the memory sticks and they work fine may suggest a memory problem. Download and run Prime 95 (full blend test) to stress out your CPU and memory to the max, if it force quits or crashes (or even BSoDs) then there is some major instability, again pointing to memory.
m
l
January 26, 2011 5:37:40 PM

Griffolion said:
You uninstalled EVERYTHING, including motherboard drivers? That may add to your problems, check to see that you havent obliterated your motherboard drivers as well.

The fact you swapped the memory sticks and they work fine may suggest a memory problem. Download and run Prime 95 (full blend test) to stress out your CPU and memory to the max, if it force quits or crashes (or even BSoDs) then there is some major instability, again pointing to memory.

nono, im not that stupid lol. i only completely uninstalled video card drivers that way
m
l
!