TRFC Mismatch problem please help

deadmask

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hallo everyone..

I previously had two 1gb sticks.Both are 667Mhz DDR2.I recently tried adding two more sticks both are DDR2 667Mhz.But my pc won't boot and cycle through instant power on off

I tried adding one stick at a time and found out that one of the sticks had higher tRFC than the other three (44 insted of 36).If put in a separate channel the higher tRFC ram works fine but pulls the tRFC of other two to 44,the system runs fine though.

It seemd that tRFC was the problem.I thought of changing the tRFC of the stick to 36 but my motherboard (DG33FB) bios have only settings for tRCD,tRP & tRAS. And as i have no idea about ram timings i don't know how to set them

Is there any solutions to my problem? or should I just be happy with three gigs of ram...If that's the case then which stick should I use the tRFC 44 one or the 36 one

Here's some CPU-Z screenshots

screenshot4wj.png
screenshot3iz.png

screenshot1fk.png
screenshot2zu.png

deadmask

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Ok I got it working.I tried switching around the sticks before but they didn't work, this time i tried all possible combinations and this one worked.

But I got a different problem.My usable RAM only shows as 3.24 GB of 4GB. :??: I'm using windows 7 32 bit and googling the issue tells me the 32bit OS is the problem.Is upgrading to 64bit the only solution? I don't wanna go through the process of re-installing all mu drivers and software. :sweat: