Bad Blood is dropped from the game

Last response: in Video Games
August 21, 2005 6:52:20 AM

19. cocomax Aug 19, 5:15 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.games.vgaplanets4
From: "cocomax" <coco...@aol.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: 19 Aug 2005 14:15:31 -0700
Subject: Re: ABBC

I will drop bad blood from the game. . .

The above his from Tim in "How much Bad Blood from ground combat ?"

In case some of you did not see it.

Lord Lancelot

More about : bad blood dropped game

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 7:12:44 AM

Bad blood is gone.

We need to balance the camps.

Here my suggestions

Max camps per planet (1000 or 500 instead of 10k)
You need to have 10 troop and 1 high guard per camp to make the
prisoners work. (This will limit the numbers of camp in the first 10-15
turns)

Reduce the income per camp to 5 Mc
Raise the building cost of the camp to 5 mc and 1 supply (This will
limit the numbers of camp in the first 10-15 turns, and force player to
build camps in stages.
Camps are the only thing that pay for themself in less than a turn.)

Make the camp work 80-100% of the time (random factor, more troop and
high guard)

Lord Lancelot
August 21, 2005 9:49:42 AM

Lord Lancelot wrote:
> Bad blood is gone.

Not before the next host change.

> We need to balance the camps.

Sure but handling the camps(and Mines) for all slaver races the same
way
will not do that. We will have again the usual race which will suffer
for it (especially considering that they usually suffer also from host
changes that are reduced to balance other races, and not them),
not that they would have any chance if BB would have stayed in the game
and they would have had their camps and mines always producing (that is
without another race voluntarily giving them a whole lot of Colonists
continually).

> Here my suggestions
>
> Max camps per planet (1000 or 500 instead of 10k)

Oh yeah, great so that only 50-100 k prisoners can be working on a
base,
not as it is now 1 million. If anything higher the amount of
Colonists(personal) needed for the camps, and keep the max amount of 10
k.

> You need to have 10 troop and 1 high guard per camp to make the
> prisoners work. (This will limit the numbers of camp in the first 10-15
> turns)

I really like that, especially considering the high growth races,
birds, stormers, and the cloning EE, not to forget the Sols (Aczanny
have luckily only Labour Mines no camps)...

> Reduce the income per camp to 5 Mc
> Raise the building cost of the camp to 5 mc and 1 supply (This will
> limit the numbers of camp in the first 10-15 turns, and force player to
> build camps in stages.
> Camps are the only thing that pay for themself in less than a turn.)

I cannot agree with the bracket, you are forgetting the River Royals
(which can make more than just pay for itself in one turn), the
Smuggler Cantinas (ok depends also on the contra price), a few gimmicks
of the IMT, the Glory Devices of a few races... And then you should not
forget that the Camps/Mines do have to produce to pay for itself. And
we should not forget Lizard Prisoner selling, the robot and a few
abilities some of their stuff has, etc.
Eventhough I am seeing (except for a certain race) no problem in
highering the building costs, as long as the camps/mines are more or
less producing nearly always, despite any accidents which are happening
due to riots and accidents of the mines/camps.

ps. Everything which might be appropiate for nearly all slaver races,
will certainly not be appropiate for the Dracs.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:14:29 PM

Lord Lancelot wrote:
> 19. cocomax Aug 19, 5:15 pm show options
>
> Newsgroups: alt.games.vgaplanets4
> From: "cocomax" <coco...@aol.com> - Find messages by this author
> Date: 19 Aug 2005 14:15:31 -0700
> Subject: Re: ABBC
>

> I will drop bad blood from the game. . .
>

> The above his from Tim in "How much Bad Blood from ground combat ?"
>
> In case some of you did not see it.
>
> Lord Lancelot

As with most changes like this I think Tim should have it on the config
options. Let people choose whether they would like BB in the game or
not.

Chris
August 22, 2005 8:08:07 AM

BB is too fundamental to have it configurable. If BB is taken away
(which I strongly hope for), then we need other control mechanisms,
which are so far all including a change in the LC costs and limits. No,
BB failed and therefore let it go.

Just my 0,02$
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:18:34 AM

I say impose no new limit on camps per planet... good players will
spread them out anyway (yes, even early on), to get the most out of
their prisoners. Let lesser players lump them and get less $$ overall.

I agree that you should need troops (but not necessarially HG) to make
them work. Work this into % chance of camps making $$. See Below.

Leave income... why bother to lower income then increase % of working
(below)? Just leave them and end up with ~same level of cash.

Raise cost (but many other things pay for themselves quickly)

Base work rate = 0%, raised if have Troops & HG present, still up to
50% max work rate.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:34:28 AM

Actually, cancel that first line. I see the point of imposing the
limit now... to kill happiness of enslaved 'friendlies'.

Another Idea I saw (sorry, I forget who mentioned this) was limit the #
of camps you can build each turn... say to 100 for each base. That
would definately slow down the cash gain. This would also have the
effect of making players spread their camps amoung bases.

This still doesn't address the LIZ issue. For that I just say scale
back their income per prisoner sold and give the player whose prisoners
were sold a healthy happiness hit.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:35:39 AM

Well 1 000 000 prisonier give 400 000MC per turn for EE

with my suggestion it's 200 000MC with it's still way too much IMO for
the first 1-20 turn

And it's so easy to take out 1-2 newbie player, and get a few million
prisoners...
I know I was a newbie player taken out by the EE :)

Other races with camps do half MC of the EE (Labor camp & mine)

Except the draconian but that is another story, they need a major
change anyway.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:36:59 AM

Summary of ideas from many ppl

Max camps per planet (1000 or 500 instead of 10k)
You need to have 10 troop and 1 high guard per camp to make the
prisoners work. (This will limit the numbers of camp in the first 10-15
turns )
Also more planets with camps more happiness hit to the enemy Evil
players trading colonist

Reduce the income per camp to 5 Mc
Raise the building cost of the camp to 5 mc and 1 supply (This will
limit the numbers of camp in the first 10-15 turns, and force player to
build camps in stages.)

Maximum labor camps build per turn 100 (per planet).
Maximum labor mines build per turn 100 (per planet).

Make the labor camp / mine work 0-80% of the time
Labor Camp / mines with 0 troop or high guard = 0%
(little random factor, more troop and high guard)
With 10 troop and 1 HG per camp = work 60%
with extra troop and he you can get work 80%

When rioting Instead of prisoners killing colonist, they should kill
troop first (their guardian).
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:31:40 AM

I was one of the EE players... ;-)

That's why I quit playing prisoner races... they are too easy.

I'm 100% behind getting a fix to this. I'd like to play the EE again
without feeling like I'm cheating. :-)

Maybe limiting the # of camps built each round is the way to go. Turn
10 = 1000 camps per base?
!