Catalyst 11.1 out

Download from
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
Release notes
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst111ReleaseNotes.aspx
Performance highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.1 release includes:
F1 2010:
Performance increases up to 12% on AMD Radeon HD 6900 and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series single card configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
Performance increases up to 10% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series single card configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
Left 4 Dead 2:
Performance increases up to 17% on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series single and Crossfire configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
Performance increases up to 8% on AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series single configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
and more.

And here is the link for 11.1a hotfix
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst111ahotfix.aspx

Share your results and experiences :)
25 answers Last reply
More about catalyst
  1. Downloading it now. Hopefully its better than 10.12. If not I'm switching from my 5870 to the 580.
  2. Anything in there for a 4870 owner, in crossfire?
  3. · Catalyst AI Texture Filtering updates

    · The Quality setting has now been improved to match the High Quality setting in all respects but one; it enables an optimization that limits tri-linear anisotropic filtering to areas surrounding texture mipmap level transitions, while doing bilinear anisotropic filtering elsewhere. This optimization offers a way to improve filtering performance without visibly affecting image quality

    · The Performance setting has also been updated to address comments about the sharpness of the default Quality setting causing shimmering in certain cases. It now provides a smoother filtering option that eliminates most shimmering while preserving the improved detail provided by anisotropic filtering.
  4. Well not a mind blowing update but worth a shot. Looks like they fixed a few things. My Vantage scores have never been able to reach the 30k I got a while back probably using 10.4 or so, tho it's been close at around 29.5k. Guess I'll try these out... might have to get 3DMark 11 too.
  5. I remember reading that the new drivers featured tessellation controls in CCC. I installed the drivers, but I can't find any controls for tessellation. Where can I find these tessellation controls?
  6. Bout darn time they got their linux drivers out too.
  7. Loading it now also. Dated 1/26/2011, this is the first I've heard of it. We'll see how it goes with my 5770 and ROF on high tomorrow.
  8. Downloaded it only been playing GTA4 so have not noticed anything besides the new catalyst which i am in love with!!
  9. It's in. Haven't noticed a difference with web browsing, lol. Switched to new CCC look with 10.12. It is nice.
  10. Good as always, it seems the WHQL 11.1 are older than the 10.12s, so they don't include the new features for the 5xxx yet, but the 11.1a hotfix does ( I'm using em' right now).

    MLAA look ugly BTW, it just blurs out the entire screen making text and HUDs look fuzzy, and it totally ruins the detail distance, conclusion: it's CRAP!, even if it doesn't have any performance impact.
  11. Does MLAA work that poorly on the 6xxx cards too, or is it only terrible on 5xxx?
  12. so if your going to install the hotfix do you just install that or do you install the full one and then the hotfix? can someone clarify?
  13. You can install the hotfix only.
  14. EXT64 said:
    Does MLAA work that poorly on the 6xxx cards too, or is it only terrible on 5xxx?


    It works the same on 5000 and 6000 cards, check this out: http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/528166-morphological-aa-mlaa-good-bad-ugly.html
  15. To be honest, that is a lot better than I was expecting after all the horror stories I've heard. Can the 5850 do this now with the standard 11.1 drivers, or do you still have to hack it? I'd like to try this on a couple games that refuse to run normal AA.
  16. jjb8675309 said:
    so if your going to install the hotfix do you just install that or do you install the full one and then the hotfix? can someone clarify?


    ATI/AMD refers to their patched full installations as hotfixes, whereas the rest of the world thinks of a hotfix as a fix/code update to something already installed.

    Also, I couldn't get 11.1 to run on my trifire setup: 3x 5850. The drivers and catalyst just wouldn't install on my trifire setup. Further, the 11.1 CCC and drivers installed without fail on my PC with a single card (5450). So I think there is an issue with 11.1 and crossfire. I had to use 11.1a and still the HDMI audio driver failed to install, though the catalyst control center (CCC) and video drivers installed just fine and I see the noted improvements. Fortunately, I don't use HDMI audio.

    10.12 worked fine all the way around with my setup; HDMI audio and all, so I imagine 11.2 might be better?

    I think AMD was a little impatient in re-branding the ATI products with this 11.1 release. Look for the future drivers to be much better.
  17. drivers have been substandard on ati/amd's side for years, doesn't stop me from using their products but Ive never installed a "new" driver from them and said wow they really nailed it this time, however any problems I encounter are always minor, I don't think any driver beyond 11.1 is going to be much different..
  18. To be honest, I just got a NVidia card (still have my ATI cards) and their drivers have a boatload of problems too.
  19. yeah, so I've heard, the last nvidia gpu I had was a 8600gts so its been a while...
  20. EXT64 said:
    To be honest, I just got a NVidia card (still have my ATI cards) and their drivers have a boatload of problems too.

    This is good to know. I contemplate selling the 5850s for a GTX 580 because the grass always seems greener, but I guess it isn't.
  21. EXT64 said:
    To be honest, I just got a NVidia card (still have my ATI cards) and their drivers have a boatload of problems too.

    Such as?
  22. Alright, that was an exaggeration. I should say I have almost the exact same problems on my NVidia as I do on my ATI. Namely, AA not working or forcing properly and surface texture artifacts in some games. Really though, this is more a symptom of poorly tested/optimized console ports that anything else. I don't mean to say that ATI or NVidia is doing a bad job with the drivers.
  23. Righteo, I was just curious that's all.
  24. Maziar said:
    Download from
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
    Release notes
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst111ReleaseNotes.aspx
    Performance highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.1 release includes:
    F1 2010:
    Performance increases up to 12% on AMD Radeon HD 6900 and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series single card configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
    Performance increases up to 10% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series single card configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
    Left 4 Dead 2:
    Performance increases up to 17% on AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series single and Crossfire configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
    Performance increases up to 8% on AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series single configurations with anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing disabled.
    and more.

    And here is the link for 11.1a hotfix
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst111ahotfix.aspx

    Share your results and experiences :)



    Hi Dowloaded ati ccc 11.1 ,But it only lets you see one gpu in the drag down menu , so you can't see the temps/speed/ect,mack.
  25. Maybe it's me, but I haven't had a driver between 10.10 to 10.12 work on my dual GPU, dual monitor setup without crazy flickering or clocks.

    With 11.1 I get my primary GPU running at 725/1000 and my secondary GPU running at 157/300 while in 2d mode.

    I can't really complain since my cards are running great on 10.10 and I'm not missing out on anything important.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Performance AMD HD Graphics