Something's not right with this MB.

syketh

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey guys, i've been looking to upgrade my old PC for quite a while now and I had bought an i5 2500k along with 8gb of Corsair Vengeance ram. It arrived today, and I had collected an unused "Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3" from my friend as my old MB wouldn't support the CPU or DDR3.

I've got an Nvidia GTX 560-ti card here also, which i've been using before on my last setup. However, I have installed everything I can think of. (I had trouble with the drivers as the new MB doesn't support my old Disk drive, and I couldn't use the installation disk-But I managed to get the drivers online).

So far the computer seems slow and choppy, for some reason it doesn't seem to be picking up my graphic card, my screen looks kinda fuzzy and it looks like my version of windows (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit) has went back in time to windows xp. I've tried to let windows do a system scan to rate it, but apparently something is corrupted or messed up.

I'm kinda lost as to what to do, or what to download, one thing's for sure that i'm buying a new disk drive.
Would I need a bios update at all, although i'm certain this MB has an up-to-date bios.

Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Although Windows 7 is very good at copping with a disk transplant it is a lot better to do a clean install as you may get issues, as you have found.
A fuzzy screen may be due to the refresh rate of graphics card being wrong for your monitor.

syketh

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
In that case, along with a new disk drive, i'll invest in a new Hard drive also, this one is only a 250gb. Could do with reinstalling windows anyhow, thanks for you help! Appreciate it!

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Of course you got those problems because the Windows installed in the old HDD doesn't recognized the new MB. Either you buy a new copy of Windows or call Microsoft to give you a new license key. That Windows installed in the old MB is tied to it.