Thoughts on $1k build before I pull the trigger?

Approximate Purchase Date: In about a month.

Budget Range: Around $1000 for the components themselves. Obviously the closer to 1k the better.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and uh... more gaming. =P

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, OS.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.

Country of Origin: US.

Parts Preferences: Intel/Nvidia would be my first choice, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Overclocking: Absolutely. Gonna try and overclock the 2500k to 4.4GHz right off the bat.

SLI or Crossfire: Unsure of whether I will or not. Definitely not initially. Perhaps a couple of months down the road.

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080. *See below*


Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance for the help!

Here's the components I've selected thus far.

Processer & CPU Cooler - i5 2500k w/ Corsair CAFA70 ($243.23)
Motherboard - ASRock P67 Extreme4 ($159.99)
Memory - G.SKILL RipJaws 4GB (2x 2GB) 1600Mhz DDR3 ($49.99)
Graphics Card - Galaxy GeForce GTX 570 ($289.99)
Power Supply & Hard Drive - Corsair HX Series 850w Modular w/ Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB ($186.98)
Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced ($99.99)

The total comes out to be $1030.19 (Side note: I factored the MIR's and Combo Discounts into the prices listed above).

I'm actually not going to be purchasing a majority of the parts for another month, but I've been wanting the HAF 912 Advanced for some time. I just noticed that it is in stock on the Cooler Master store and wanted to grab the case before its out of stock yet again. Once I buy it I'm kinda stuck with it. I just wanted to get the green light from some of you all before I start setting my plans in motion.

So, overall thoughts on the build? Is it solid? Will it be a kick @$$ system? :)

Last question. I have not purchased a monitor yet. Does anyone have any suggestions at the resolution I listed above? (Looking to spend no more than $200 on it)

Thanks again!
1 answer Last reply
More about thoughts build pull trigger
  1. I would point to the $1000 SBM March 2011 here for ideas,2893.html

    However if just the extra month wait is doable

    Since peeps been waiting this long for the top end i suggest for healthier/fatter budgets to
    1. Await Z68 chipsets, Zambezi AM3+ on platform front
    2. Await HD 6990/GTX 590 on the GPU front and price revisions trickle down lower down the foodchain
    3. Await the Sandforce SATA 6GB/s SSDs to hit retailers :P

    Leaked: FAH score of a 4 way Interlagos Bulldozer <--Pay attention to floating point numbers/chip architecture
    Exposure of the first performance of AMD bulldozer cpus

    Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview,2888.html
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product