Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First build, please verify compatability and completeness

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 31, 2011 3:57:52 AM

hi, im going to build my own computer right now its for just media/ browsing photos/ slight editing of photos, and browsing internet. I created a cart at newegg, and need to make sure that i have every item to run the computer, and of the compatability. here are the contents:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory
Item #:N82E16820231307

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
Item #:N82E16827135204

Antec One Hundred Black Computer Case
Item #:N82E16811129098

ASRock H61M-S Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #:N82E16813157237

Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #:N82E16822136358

Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819115078

Tiger direct: Power Supply
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

will the motherboard and power supply come with all the necessary cables for installation? will the case come with the mounting hardware? does the i3 2100 or motherboard have integrated graphics to hook up to a monitor? any suggestions, im trying to keep the costs down
March 31, 2011 4:08:46 AM

Personally i'd go AMD if youre not gaming, would probably work out a lot cheaper. (Also, do you realise that the 'Green' hard drives use less power but run slower?) You could maybe look at the Athlon x4 or Phenom II x4 CPU's, i think you might get more for your money. Also, i recently bought an ASRock motherboard and i got lots of screws and connectors etc. so i think you should too.
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 4:14:36 AM

Also, the case should have everything you need, Antec are good. H61 motherboard's tend to have onboard graphics, but that one doesn't
m
0
l
Related resources
March 31, 2011 4:28:39 AM

aznshinobi said:
Budget?


id like to stay under $400
@jmellars, is there a particular amd cpu you have in mind? i considered the athlon x2 640 and the 925 but even the 925 for similar pricing is pretty equivalent to the i3 2100
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 4:31:32 AM

jmsellars1 said:
Also, the case should have everything you need, Antec are good. H61 motherboard's tend to have onboard graphics, but that one doesn't


does that mean my setup wont display onto a monitor without purchasing a gcard at 1080p resolution?
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 4:38:32 AM

kilerz said:
hi, im going to build my own computer right now its for just media/ browsing photos/ slight editing of photos, and browsing internet. I created a cart at newegg, and need to make sure that i have every item to run the computer, and of the compatability. here are the contents:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory
Item #:N82E16820231307

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
Item #:N82E16827135204

Antec One Hundred Black Computer Case
Item #:N82E16811129098

ASRock H61M-S Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #:N82E16813157237

Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #:N82E16822136358

Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819115078

Tiger direct: Power Supply
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

will the motherboard and power supply come with all the necessary cables for installation? will the case come with the mounting hardware? does the i3 2100 or motherboard have integrated graphics to hook up to a monitor? any suggestions, im trying to keep the costs down


Looks decent enough. Just switch out that psu with this own down below.

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-BP500U-500W-Power-Supply/dp... $50.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Antec BP500U ATX 12V 500W Power Supply

if you want to save some cash on a case, take a look at this one down below...

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Three-Hundred-External-Inte... $59.82 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Antec Three Hundred Gaming Case

or...

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RC-600-KKN1-GP-Glad... $59.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Cooler Master RC-600-KKN1-GP Gladiator 600 Mid Tower ATX Case with 140mm Fan (Black)
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 4:45:20 AM

i do like that antec 300 case cuz im looking for plain nolight/clear side, plus i have amazon prime so free 2day shipping
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 4:50:45 AM

on a side note this build is for my dad, but im planning to upgrade my cpu, i have an amd 640 right now and im wondering if i should upgrade my motherboard + cpu to i5 2500k, or should i wait for the bulldozer to release *since the leaked bencharmks seem pretty good*, any word on when they start releasing.
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 4:54:57 AM

kilerz said:
on a side note this build is for my dad, but im planning to upgrade my cpu, i have an amd 640 right now and im wondering if i should upgrade my motherboard + cpu to i5 2500k, or should i wait for the bulldozer to release *since the leaked bencharmks seem pretty good*, any word on when they start releasing.

It all depends on your budget. If you have the money now to upgrade then do it.

On a side note, those "leaked benchmarks" are pure lies. Nobody knows what Bull Dozer is going to be like. It might be the best thing since sliced bread, and it might be a dud. But no legitimate benchmarks have been posted yet in regards to that AMD series of cpu's.
m
0
l

Best solution

March 31, 2011 5:16:27 AM

You could check out my siggy for a 450$. Drop the video card and it's basically good. It's kinda like your build actually.
Share
March 31, 2011 5:32:19 AM

aznshinobi said:
You could check out my siggy for a 450$. Drop the video card and it's basically good. It's kinda like your build actually.


i noticed for your $600 build u found an i3 2100 + mobo for $99 is that deal still going?
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 6:24:32 AM

Not bad i live about 45 mins away from a store thatl do some good savings thanks, is there a combo deal for the i5 2500k/ or i7 2600k
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 6:27:51 AM

oh, that deal expired 3/27 :( 
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 7:22:19 AM

kilerz said:
id like to stay under $400
@jmellars, is there a particular amd cpu you have in mind? i considered the athlon x2 640 and the 925 but even the 925 for similar pricing is pretty equivalent to the i3 2100


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I imagine that something like this would perform just as good (if not better) than that i3 in non-gaming applications. Personally i haven't owned either of these CPU's so i can't be sure but it's definitely worth checking out.
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 7:23:26 AM

kilerz said:
does that mean my setup wont display onto a monitor without purchasing a gcard at 1080p resolution?


It means that you couldn't even scroll through a webpage smoothly, so i doubt it would display 1080p resolutions.
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 10:34:49 PM

whoa guess right now the i3 isnt that good of a deal considering its about $200 for a cheap micro atx motherboard and an i3, when for 184 i could get a 1055t proc w/ mothboard after tax, but thern again how is it that the i3 is so much better at single threaded applications compared to a more expensive 1055t th3 i3 is even better for gaming
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 11:01:13 PM

when will bulldozer be released, some sites say april, some say july
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 11:03:47 PM

Most likely July. April seems a bit to soon. However leaks say otherwise, but AMD isn't the company that likes leaks. So I'd say July.
m
0
l
April 1, 2011 12:53:49 AM

Yep that is why as a *platform* Toms did with entry level Deneb for a gaming + all purpose rig and straight away jumped to the quad SB on their $1000 SBM

Tom's March 2011 $500 SBM
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-pc-ph...

Bulldozer would be from 31st May to 1st half June...the former prolly for Asian markets
m
0
l
April 1, 2011 7:10:00 AM

Best answer selected by kilerz.
m
0
l
!