ASROCK Extreme 4 Gen 3 - No video signal detected from PCI-E

BazCaw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hi,

I have recently installed a ASROCK Extreme 4 GEN 3 with Intel i5 2500k, 8gb G-Skill Ripjaw RAM and Asus GTX 560 Ti.

I get no signal at all from the Asus Nvidia GTX 560 Ti when installed in the reccomended 16x PCI-E slot at the top of the board. I have not tried the bottom slot as the width of the card does not let me insert it without butting the bottom end tray of the case. Also, as the secondary PCI-E is 4x it is not intended for single GFX card use.

I installed my previous video card in the same slot to test (Nvidia 8800GT). It was detected witout any issues and booted straight in to Windows 7 (64 bit version). The onboard graphics also works fine.

I'm short on ideas but have seen the same issue on other forum posts, but not found any resolutions. Options I can think of to test include
- Update the BIOS to latest beta version (reluctant to run beta)
- Test with a single stick of RAM/different slots/different RAM

I have contacted ASROCK directly but had no response from tech support - something I'm learning is a standard for these guys.

If you or anyone else can assist with a resolution on this issue please can you let me know as I'm getting desperate!

Thanks in advance for any help you may have to offer.

BazCaw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hi, yes both power cables from the PSU (Antec HCG 620w) are attached to the graphics card. The 2 green LEDs light up and both fans on the card spin once the power is turned on.

0121birmingham

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
In the bios did you make sure that one of the graphics options is not set to "always enable" or along them lines i have just done a build with this board. In future i will google the word problem after the motherboard rarther then review as ALL motherboards have kinks in one way or the other.

Though thats what makes this game fun ?

BazCaw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Thanks to all those who provided assistance.

The issue was with the Graphics Card, which I tested on another motherboard and had the exact same issues.

Returned the card to the supplier who also conducted a test on another rig. I have been issued a replacement which now works as intended.

Good to hear!