LOOKING FOR A COMPONENT GURU IN JHB SOUTH AFRICA

doncarriere

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I live in Randpark Ridge, West Rand, Johannesburg and I am looking for an IT component guru that can run my desktop through its paces and tell me what is wrong.
CPU: i7-980x 6 core with Intel cooler
6GB triple channel mem
Rampage gene 3 MO
ATI 5250 graphics running HDMI
1000w Power supply
HDD: RAID 0 WD 300gb Raptors
WIN 7 Pro - 64 bit

Leave an address where I can reach you :D
thanks in advance

The contributors (posters) here are from all parts of the world, very talented, and very helpful.

List out details as to what is happening, at what point in the start-up sequence, or whether it happens while running, what programs are affected; as much information as you can.

Install 'RealTemp' and check temps. This info will be useful.

doncarriere

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008

OK will do, but where do I get RealTemp? Is this a CPU monitoring app?

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Dude, I'm in South Africa (Pretoria) but I'm not going to work on your machine. I work on my own and some friends' machines, but I'm not comfortable to do hands-on work on strangers' machines as of yet... :)

Please, post some issues and what you need to be done, and maybe someone can give you some good advice here!

First of all, what's the problem with your PC? Does it overheat? Won't it turn on? Does it shut down suddenly? Is it slow?

Info, info man, we cannot help without info... :D

doncarriere

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
FOund out what the problem guys. SATA port 6 was and is faulty and has been causing crap all these months. SInce I now moved my cable off that port everything is working like a dream.