Game idea - Feedback desired

I'm a new player and I'm planning on starting a new game at Drewhead's
site for beginners... I'm hoping to get feedback from both more
experienced players and less experienced players: More experienced
players, could you please point out flaws in the game idea? Less
experienced players, same thing, but also tell me if you'd be
interested in playing please.

here's the concept:

Teams of three will be assembled. I figure that since the game is for
beginners, it should give them a chance to get to know the game
mechanics, and this will allow people to get to know the game mechanics
more thouroughly than a non-team game. People will get to trade ship
plans and trade stuff between teammates. Better to accidentally blow up
your allies ship now than in a game against a bunch of experienced
players. :)

As far as resources, I figured that a rich homeworld with lots of
starting colonists (about 3 million say) and about 15k of cash. The
planets beyond the homeworlds, however, will be relatively poor. I'm
trying to achieve a quick start so players don't get bored, but make it
tough to gain ground beyond the start.

Then, for fun, I thought I'd make about 10 or 12 ultra-rich planets
scattered about the universe that are non-homeworlds. I will post the
location/name/ID of all ultra-rich non-homeworld planets. Give people
something to fight over.

Thanking you in advance for the feedback/help,

Cannon Fodder

Sparrow

I suggest to play the game a few times before hosting one. You need to
see the concepts and how other hosts act, to get an impression of the
possible situations you may run into.

Just my 0,02$

I agree...