Boot Issue

Boki17

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Ok i have four hard drives, 2 are Storage and the other 2 are system drives.

Now i am running in the problem that my system is booting in to Win XP instead into Win 7.

i went into my Bios to change which drive is the prime drive, but no luck it still starts with XP or give me the Error
"NTLDR is Missing
Press any key to restart"

Now the only time how i can get in my system is manual which is pressing F12, enter the boot menu and selecting the drive i want to be my prime drive and Windows works fine, but after i restart the system is back at step 1 which is logs into XP or gives me the error
how do i fix this issue my Motherboard is a GA-970A-UD3

plus under my Computer Management my XP drive is set as Disk 0 and my Win 7 Drive as Disk 3 those that matter ??

Any help would be appropriated on how to fix this issue

oh and i did flash my bios to remove a issue i was having with Driver_power_state_failure if that can help you in any way

Boki17

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
In the Boot menu the Win XP is set as the master and the 3 other are set as slaves, now i tried to change that in the Bios but no luck, every time i start the computer it still starts into XP no matter what i do the XP is master drive, i wish i knew how to make it a slave and make the Win 7 as master drive.

Boki17

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Ok i looked in to that

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>bcdedit

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=G:
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {current}

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows 7

C:\Windows\system32>

From the looks of it is say it starts from C drive, but which is not true at all.

Any other ideas how one can change the boot drive from D to C there must be a way, my Bios still says my D drive is Master while the rest of the drives are Slaves. what about the Convert to dynamic drive to change the XP to Disk 3 and The Win 7 to Disk 0 would that work ?