Asus P8z68 v-Pro Gen 3 won't boot from ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.

os92

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hey guys, I have been trying many things and have not been able to solve this, all suggestions are welcome. So, the problem, I finished my build early today and everything went alright except when I wanted to install the OS. My system is the following:

Asus P8z68 v-Pro Gen 3
8GB Corsair Ram
Intel G620 (using the integrated graphics for now)
OCZ agility 3 SSD

The build is alright, I am sure because I booted from an USB with Ubuntu and everything is 100% perfect. The problem is that after I install the OS to the SSD (it gets detected and installed), as I restart the computer, it doesnt boot from the SSD, just stays there with the cursor after the ASUS symbols fade. The files are there, for I have used the explorer with the USB ubuntu and the files are there, along with my partitions.

Thank you in advance!.

Solution

Yeah, that is where I was heading. But u can switch even now to AHCI, if u want to know how to, just ask here and it can be done with 2 restarts : )

os92

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I have the DVD drive as first boot device, with nothing in it, however I have tried to put the SSD as first boot device and still the same. I have also detached the DVD drive and still nothing. BTW I have the SSD connected to the 3G SATA ports, also when I had them connected to the 6Gb had the same problem.

os92

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Ok, I flashed the cmos and after the first asus screen here is what I get:

---

AMIBIOS (C) 2010 American Megatrends, Inc.

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 ACPI BIOS Revision 0301
CPU: Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU G620 @ 2.6 GHz
Speed: 2600 MHz

Total Memory: 8192 (DDR3-1333)

USB Devices total: 0 Drive, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse, 2 Hubs

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA Port5: OCZ-AGILITY3
SATA Port6: ATAPI iHAS124 Y

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting
Press F1 to Run SETUP

----

I then selected the optimized defaults and nothing, what I get is a black screen with the blinking cursor in the first character of the fifth line and stops there, this after the ASUS symbol shows.

----

-

----

Yeah, that is where I was heading. But u can switch even now to AHCI, if u want to know how to, just ask here and it can be done with 2 restarts : )

Solution

os92

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Thanks a bunch, I would actually like to do that, and know how to do it, but I will first install windows 7, sadly my xp is 32 bit and much of my ram goes to waste. Nevertheless, I am happy I got it to run, now I am thinking I should have gone for the 120 GB ssd. :( ... oh well, a 750 extern hdd will have to do :D . Thanks again for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.