Take a look here -

www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu,2951-5.html

Tom's lists the E7400 a tier above the E5700. Like mentioned by Oldie above, the E7400 is a better processor for gaming. Thus, for a similar asking price the E7400 is the better deal here.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
my friend is intel dg31pr mobo ,dual core 2.8ghz,4gb ram and 1gb ddr2 9400gt and i have pentium d 3.00ghz ,gigabyte 945gzm-s2,2gb ram and 1gb dd2 9500gt card the problem is my friend can run nfs hot pursuit without any lag using a 9400gt card at high res but even i have a better card than him which is 9500gt i cant run the game even on 17fps constantly my fps is between 8-15 only what is the reason

I think you already have posted a couple of threads before regarding the same query. Anyway, are you both running the same desktop composition? I mean same OS, same screen resolution. Also list if you are running an active anti-virus software in the background and may be he is not.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
i tried but it is of use use i dont know what is the reason pl tell me in what way hw can run the game better than me .tell me a permanent way i played james bond blood stone in one stage when i go near a place i could see the original graphics when i move away from that place i could like an another floor over it wats the reason does my processor cannot use my graphic card properly or my mobo is fault..i want to run nfs hot pursuit in this system at 20fps is there any way

A 350W PSU is enough for your system. Am not sure about performance degradation but a not so good generic PSU can cause all other sorts of problems. It is recommended you change it. Get a unit from the likes of Corsair, Antec, Seasonic or XFX.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
hey i posted this now a minute ago i want to ask u about this
processor -i3 - 2100 / 3.1 GHz
motherboard-MSI H67MA-E35
ram -Corsair 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
graphic card-xfx ati 5770 gddr5
dvd drive -lg dvd writer
power supply- 450 watts an ordinary one as it suits my budget
case- an ordinary one which offers better cooling
monitor - Acer 20" HS201HL - LED
additional fans-1 120mm fan
i will not upgrade my system for 3 years if i buy a new system... will this specs make me to run all the game for atleast 30fps for the time of three years..im not a hardcore gamer i just play game as an entertainment, i spend 3 hrs for a game daily..I JUST WANT TO PLAY ALL THE GAMES WITHOUT ANY LAG...i already have keyboard ,mouse ,500gb hard disk and ups with me as im using with my old system which is pentium d gb ram and 1gb 9500gt ddr2
REPLY FAST PLS..THANKS IN ADVANCE..