bots being assimilated

Question can Bots get assimilated by the Borg from space? I thought the
answer was yes but have recently seen a statement suggesting that they
don't.

Please help, Senator Guru as the Borg is about to tear me apart. I just
mentioned this to make him blush with pride :)

Robert

Ahh, my heart that was laden with such dispair and sorrow has arisen
from its dark depths like the crest of the morning sun on the horizon.

Thankyou.

Yeah, gun zeros would be nice, except it is only around turn 18.