Minute

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
The case is:

-http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=60896&vpn=R3%20%26%20ECO&manufacture=Bundle%20Deals&promoid=1334

It comes with a liquid cooler, which I don't know if I'll use or not. But with this combo, I'll end up getting the cooler for $10.

A little bit about what I'm aiming for:

- i5 2500k CPU
- Asus P8Z68-V Pro MOBO
- 8GB RAM (only bought this because it was less than $60)
- 2x Radeon HD 6870
- 500 GB HDD (I'm going to get this for free with OS)
- SSD (once I find a decent deal)
- Some PSU
- Some Case
- Some aftermarket CPU cooler

Budget is $1500 CAD, I've spent $600 on the italicized items above. The 2 Radeon HD 6870, should cost me about $340~400. So I have $500 to spend on a Case/PSU/SSD.

I only noticed the case above, because it was on the Canada day deal page. Even then I went over that page 5 times, till I saw it. I watched a video review on it, and I really like the design of this case. The only thing holding me back at the moment, is the fact that I don't know how everything will fit inside. Main concern being the 2 video cards.

Solution
www.news10e.blogspot.com/2011/06/fractal-design-define-r3.html

The above link should help you determine about the fitting dilemma.

The Fractal Design Define R3 is surely a very nice case. Though IMO, its better suited as a HTPC case with excellent noise immunity rather than a gamers case with need for high performance airflow.
www.news10e.blogspot.com/2011/06/fractal-design-define-r3.html

The above link should help you determine about the fitting dilemma.

The Fractal Design Define R3 is surely a very nice case. Though IMO, its better suited as a HTPC case with excellent noise immunity rather than a gamers case with need for high performance airflow.

Solution

Minute

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

Well I plan to remove some of the removable sound dampers, and installing fans or just leaving them out so air can flow better in. I've also read that the cooler that comes with the deal, is pretty decent. So it should keep the CPU cool enough, and I don't plan to overclock the CPU that much or at all.

I really like the simple outside design, the larger fans you can install or that comes with it. And just the layout of the case. If you know of a similar case, let me know and I will take a look at it.

And thanks for the link, was really helpful, considering my build is almost identical :O

Well its not like that case is bad with airflow. It gets recommended in many gaming builds for folks requiring an elegant design. And am sure it'll be good for a single 6870 card build. Am just not sure for a crossfire setup.