Sign in with
Your question

BIOS Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
March 7, 2012 2:19:44 AM

I just built a computer using the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard and when I go into BIOS my SSD, HDD, and my CD drive aren't showing up. I know the CD drive has power so I'm assuming the SSD and the HDD do as well.

I have my SSD in SATA 3_0 Port and the HDD in SATA 3_1 and the CD drive in SATA 2_2. I want the OS to save on the SSD but I can't even run the OS because the CD Drive isn't working.

This is my first computer build so it may be something I'm just over looking but any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : bios problem

a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 12:02:46 AM

did you check sata port connection ok?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 2:48:56 AM

Are the SATA ports configured as IDE or AHCI? If they are AHCI, you might need preinstall drivers for the chipset (which will be on your Gigabyte CD).
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 2:52:48 AM

Only conncet the CD Drive without HDD and SDD and make sure it OK...... if it is not ok after you check the port and power ..... try to test in other system .. if you have a old one...
m
l
March 8, 2012 8:47:49 PM

I have tried everyone's suggestions but nothing is working. I tried to boot in every SATA mode (IDE, RAID, AHCI) and they all led me to the Insert Disc screen. I also tried connecting just the CD Drive and that didn't work either. I don't understand why none of the SATA ports are working but it's frustrating.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 9:06:05 PM

You try with SSD only and see the BIOS see it or not ...then
try with HDD only see the BIOS seeit or not...

If all cannot see I think your SATA port or South Bridge have problem...

Try to remove the MB / PS / RAM / outside the case

and try again with Just MB + CPU+ RAM + ON BOARD VIDEO+ POWER SUPPLY + CD-ROM outside the case...this will make sure is not related to case assembly issue..

If same thing happen..... RMA MB...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 11:18:19 PM

If there is no OS installed in any sata hdd or ssd and you boot up with all the device including dvd rom, it will always ask you to insert disc because it requires to install os in the first step.
a simple test to check whether your hdd and ssd existed, try to press F12 in post and enter bootable device menu, check hard disk if they are listed there.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 11:27:49 PM

Skim302 said:
and when I go into BIOS my SSD, HDD, and my CD drive aren't showing up. I know the CD drive has power so I'm assuming the SSD and the HDD do as well.

He already enter the BIOS and nothing is detected in there...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 8, 2012 11:33:47 PM

yes .. so i said check power connection in the first reply ..
maybe provide some pics showing the configuration and let us check it further ~
m
l
March 8, 2012 11:50:01 PM

The bottom three are sideways but they are pictures of the side of the computer, CD Drive, HDD and SSD, and the SATA Ports.
m
l
March 9, 2012 5:11:53 PM

I called Gigabyte and they told me to send it back. Thanks for all the help.
m
l
!