EVGA, Gigabyte, or MSI for my GTX570?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinkerbox

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure that I want a GTX 570, and I'm definite that I won't be using water cooling on the cards, I've noticed 3 distinct GeForce GTX 570s: The EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX 570, The MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr OC II GeForce GTX 570, and the Gigabyte GV-N570OC-13| GeForce GTX 570.

The MSI card and the Gigabyte card have good aftermarket cooling, but the EVGA card has a lifetime warranty. Which card should I get? Which card has better aftermarket cooling? Is the additional coolness/quietness worth not having a lifetime warranty?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Solution
The MSI Twin FrozR II cooling system is quite good. But then again so is Gigabyte's.

It all depends on what you place more value on, cooling or the lifetime warranty?

You can always get the TwinFrozR II card or the Gigabyte card and OC them more to squeeze out 580 like performance levels. You could even do that with the EVGA one but the cooler will likely become more noisy to deal with the heat.

Depending on how often you upgrade your parts, the lifetime warranty may be worth nothing or everything. If you're going to be getting a new card in 1 or 2 years time, then that's hardly a lifetime is it. If this 570 is going to last you between 2 and 5 years then it will definitely be better.

In the end, the three of them are good cards...

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
thats really a question you have to ask yourself... the other question being do you think after the other two card's warrenty end you'll still want to be using the same card... if the answer is yes then go evga if the answer is no i'll replace it in 2-3 yeas anyway and would like a faster quieter card then go mis (i liek the twin frozr better than the gigabyte)

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The MSI Twin FrozR II cooling system is quite good. But then again so is Gigabyte's.

It all depends on what you place more value on, cooling or the lifetime warranty?

You can always get the TwinFrozR II card or the Gigabyte card and OC them more to squeeze out 580 like performance levels. You could even do that with the EVGA one but the cooler will likely become more noisy to deal with the heat.

Depending on how often you upgrade your parts, the lifetime warranty may be worth nothing or everything. If you're going to be getting a new card in 1 or 2 years time, then that's hardly a lifetime is it. If this 570 is going to last you between 2 and 5 years then it will definitely be better.

In the end, the three of them are good cards made by good companies and can all be overclocked to a good degree to match the performance of the 580 (even more so with the MSI and Gigabyte cards).

Due to my fairly regular 2 year update cycle, the lifetime warranty won't matter greatly to me so i'd go for the MSI one. That's my two pence.

Solution

thethinkerbox

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Now that I consider it, I won't have my card for more than 2-3 years and probably will update it awhile before the 3rd year. Now I've just got to decide, should I go with the Gigabyte card, or the MSI Twin Frozr II? Which one is a better card? I have the patience to deal with bad customer service, but which aftermarket cooler is going to be better? Better in terms of quietness, I'm sure that they can both serve my cooling needs.

thethinkerbox

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Thanks so much for both of your help, I would give both of you the best answer, however that's not possible.

I will go with the MSI Twin Frozr, since 28.6 dba is so quiet, and the cooling it provides are more than enough to keep it at low temps at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.