Computer reboots itself twice before finally starting up.

espinoza11b

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Specs:

Intel 2500k
P67 Sabertooth Mobo (Running UEFI overclock mode, I don't like to mess with overclocking so I let the Asus Mobo do that. Although I think it just boosted my ram from 1333 to 1600 Mhz and thats it. The CPU clock still reads 3.3ghz without turbo boost.)
4gb 1600 Kingston Hyper X
MSI Twin Frozr 560Ti Gold Edition
2XSeagate Barracudas
Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler
Rosewill Lightning 800w PSU
2 Asus DVD Writers
5 Fans on a Sunbeamtech.com Acrylic Case

Once I press the power button coming off a shutdown from overnight, it powers up, (does never get to the point where I can see the splash screen)but then it looks like it turns all the way back off then back on. This makes me nervous since its only been 2 days since I built this machine. Other than this problem and my solid state drive from OCZ being DOA I have had no other issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help,

travis442

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I'll be interested to see what people think, my machine is doing the exact same thing and I built it last weekend. We are both running ASUS boards but that is about the only thing that we have in common between our two builds.

majin ssj eric

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
When you say overnight shutdown do you mean sleep mode? If so then disable it as this is a known Asus p67 mobo issue that will be addressed in a future bios update.

My mobo also had an issue with multi-posting from a hard shutdown. The fix for this was to enable power by pci- e in the bios....

Svaala

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Turn off the auto overclock, infact reset everything to default, and yeah turn off the auto overclock, Every motherboard that i've had that has double pumped at the start, has done it due to inbuilt oc'ing.

espinoza11b

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Well, I went back into normal performance mode via uefi.. Same thing is happening.. it double pumps before finally starting up correctly. Its weird because it didn't start off by doing that... In fact it wasnt until I tied everything down using zip ties that it started to act strange. Going back in to check to make sure all the connections are secure. Hopefully that works.. If not I'm afraid I will burn this computer out since I have to shut it down every night because of the glow of the led fans. Repetitive off/on cant be good for the life of the pc.

Will report after taking it apart and putting it back together, (Wiring job).