Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a laptop to play world of warcraft

Last response: in Systems
March 31, 2011 8:01:58 PM

Before the laptops are not good for gaming thing i would just like to say the only game that i would be playing is world of warcraft on it i dont plan on playing any high end games on it at all i will save the ps3 for most of those. with that being said i have been looking at an acer aspire that has a ATI Radeon HD 6310 gpu and an AMD c- series processor (all that it says on site) and 3gb of ram the world of warcraft system requirements are - Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better
- 25.0 GB available HD space
thank you for your time
March 31, 2011 8:15:07 PM

Anything from either amd or intel with a dualcore or better cpu will work, avoid the core 2 duo lines go for something with an i3 or i5, or athlon, turion or mobile phenom.

As for dedicated gpu's you will need one to get any decent performance in a game environment WoW or no so try getting one with an nvidia GT 320m(My laptop has one it handles raids fine with shadows off at 40(1366*768 res)fps) or better, anything that is X3xx or higher is more performance for nvidia, or something with an ati 5450m or better.
m
l
Related resources
!