Will this work

cpunoob87

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
Before the laptops are not good for gaming thing i would just like to say the only game that i would be playing is world of warcraft on it i dont plan on playing any high end games on it at all i will save the ps3 for most of those. with that being said i have been looking at an Acer aspire that has a ATI Radeon HD 6310 gpu and an AMD c- series processor (all that it says on site) and 3gb of ram the world of warcraft system requirements are - Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better
- 25.0 GB available HD space
thank you for your time

Solution

How much is the laptop? c-series processor, I'm assuming its cheap, like $399.99 ish? In my eyes, the...

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

How much is the laptop? c-series processor, I'm assuming its cheap, like $399.99 ish? In my eyes, the c-series processors are terrible, like my old Pentium 4 desktop from 2004 rates better than it terrible. That graphics card btw is NOT dedicated like Fry's or other retailers claim. DO you have link btw to where you found the Acer?

Whats your budget? Because you can get decent machines in the $479.99 range also: www.bestbuy.com Asus k52f-bin6 or the HP G62-465DX both for $479.99. MUCH better processors, the bin6 has that hybrid drive going for it, and the Intel HD cards actually rate better than that Radeon HD 6310 card. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net. Any retail of preference? I can recommend from other stores also besides BB. I know the Intel HD can run WoW just fine. Maybe not the highest settings, but not the worst settings either. I can't emphasize enough how crappy the c-series is. It is not even worth $299.99 in my opinion.

Solution