Did quad channel RAM works on dual channel motherboard ?

BIGi213

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hello,
I bought Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 and Corsair Vengeance — 32GB (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10)
After I received it I got notice that it is a quad Channel memory. While the motherboard and the processor i7 2600 is supporting dual channel.

Will it work if I install it?? And what is the down effects?

BIGi213

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Are you sure??
because the motherboard supporting 32GB of memory but i did not found dual channel memory with 8 GB even in Corsair web site.

Yes, it will work just fine. There is no difference in dual or quad or triple channel memory, it is all the exact same thing, it is how your motherboard configuration uses it that makes the difference. If is says quad channel, it simply means that the memory has been tested and certified that it will work in a quad channel type motherboard configuration.

xtreme5

Distinguished

then why there channels are different if exactly no difference.

I just told you why, the memory has been tested and approved to work in a quad channel application. The reason they test it and certify it is because memory does not allows like to work together when placed into multiple channel configurations, so they make sure before they package it. But it is the exact same memory, it has nothing special or different about it other than they guarantee it to work in that type of configuration.