Asus mother board p45-la specs

bookum

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hello,
i have anASUS motherboard i'm trying to get working, but among everything else, the ram sticks are gone. how much ram will the board handle, and what are the sticks i should be looking for.

This one will do.
1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 266 (PC 2100) Desktop Memory Model AC266X64/1024/16C

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820159106

20-159-106-Z01

bookum

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

NIKORR, first I want to thank-you for responding so fast! When they labled me a "newcomer", well they really did hit it on the mark. I knew that the answer was out there to be found, but I searched for 4 1/2 hours straight and although I found little bits and pieces of information here and there, I couldn't be certain that what I had found was acurate. After 45 years of never even having a computer, 5 years ago my youngest daughter finally convinced me to join the rest of the world using them. I was hooked instantly, but I have a lot of catching up to do. I figure that as far as computers or concerned, I have the practical experience and determination of your average 1st grader. At least with people around like you to help me along, I may be starting to catch up a little. Thank-you!

PS. At least I do have the advantage of not having to borrow my dad's screwdriver every time I want to work on it. Thanks again, :sol:

bookum

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
NIKORR, the mother board is a perfect match, but i have a question that I hope you can help me to understand. In your answer you said that I needed DDR, but the stick of ram that was shown below with the comment that this would do, was listed as DDR SDRAM. I had been told that those were 2 different types of ram, and would't interchange. whether I had been told right or wrong doesn't matter to me as much as understanding what the difference is. I am probably way over my head, but if you can clear away even a little of the fog, it would be appreciated. Thanks Dan.