Newegg Combo deal- too good to be true?

Ripping you off on the HDD and Memory.

F3 1tb only cost 60$ on Amazon. That's $10 saved.
4gb memory only cost 40$. That's 20$ saved.
You'll only really need an Asrock Extreme4 P67 or an MSI P67A-G55/53. The Asrock is $160, the G55 is $160, the G53 is $150. You save about $20-$30 for the same amount of performance for less. I suggest the Extreme4.

So total I just saved you $60 versus the "$50" you save off the combo. That PSU is total junk by the way.

On combos of that size i like to play a game i call "Spot the crap!"

In this case its the PSU, its an old design, the red switch gives that away, as does the lack of a combined rating for the 12V rails, i wouldnt let it anywhere near a new system

Also, as mentioned above, you can pick up the F3 1TB for less than that Seagate especially with the promo code it comes out $15 less.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185&Tpk=F3%201tB

Super combos look great, but are usually crap. Find two or three part combos at most.

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
IMO it is always best to chose the parts yourself. That way you are certain that you are getting the absolute best value for each component. You can find better saving than this by just looking around newegg. The newegg newsletter gives you access to deals you wouldn't have access to otherwise. I regularly see much better discounts than this. Good luck!