HELP! Asus M2N-SLI mobo making hiss/static noises!

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NSLI/

This is the motherboard I have and I have had it for a long time now. Every so often my onboard audio would make this weird his/static noise and I just dont know what to do anymore...

I have Windows 7 64 bit I looked on the site and they dont have any drivers that would fix it for Windows 7.

Does anyone know how to make this hiss/static noise stop for good? Every time I have my head phones on the hiss/static noise will randomly come and scare the F*** out me and I throw my headphones off my ears!!!.

I know for sure its my onboard audio because I have plugged in speakers and still does the same.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them on the same of different board?
2 answers Last reply
More about help asus mobo making hiss static noises
  1. Cyx, Did you upgrade the onboard audio drivers? This may help solve your issue.

Also, I am assumeing the sound is coming out of your speakers? Make sure your speaker wires aren't crossed over any electrical wires.

My speakers used to do the samething until I cable tied them up away from the electrical cords.
  2. I couldnt find the right drivers for Win 7 64 because the mobo is very old but I talked to my friend and he gave me a sound card so now I have my speakers through the sound card and my mic through my onboard and i havent had a problem yet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards