Sign in with
Your question

Help Budget gaming computer

Last response: in Systems
April 1, 2011 1:05:33 AM

Hey guys, i need people to please help me build a budget gaming computer. Right now i have a 75GB SATA harddrive and a older IDE DvD CD rom drive, and windows XP so i don't need an OS. So my budget is around 400$ this computer does not need to run everything on ultra. Thanks ahead of time guys

More about : budget gaming computer

April 1, 2011 1:26:36 AM

joho128 said:
Hey guys, i need people to please help me build a budget gaming computer. Right now i have a 75GB SATA harddrive and a older IDE DvD CD rom drive, and windows XP so i don't need an OS. So my budget is around 400$ this computer does not need to run everything on ultra. Thanks ahead of time guys

what kind of games are you interested in playing btw?
m
l
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
April 1, 2011 1:29:02 AM

What is your resolution.

Thank god you have the HDD for the OS, that takes about 50$ off your needed budget.

Check out my build guide for 450$, since you don't need an HDD I'm assuming, you'll get a pretty solid build out of that build. The only issue would be that you wouldn't be able to reuse your CD-Rom drive as it is IDE and SB doesn't support IDE. Only SATA.
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2011 1:30:45 AM

vainta said:
what kind of games are you interested in playing btw?

Well right now i play games like League of Legends Minecraft team fortress 2 half life and i want to play rift and some other PFS games such as Borderlands and i also want to be able to run newer games that come out at a good frame rate thanks for the responce!
m
l
April 1, 2011 1:37:43 AM

Ok well there is newegg (online store) or Microcenter or Frys (if you have it in your area) let me know which one you have so we can research pricing and performance and what not.
m
l
April 1, 2011 1:43:03 AM

vainta said:
Ok well there is newegg (online store) or Microcenter or Frys (if you have it in your area) let me know which one you have so we can research pricing and performance and what not.

Thanks for the reply i live in Canada so i don't have a fry's near here or microcenter but i can order from newegg.ca so for pricing, getting it from there would be good
m
l
April 1, 2011 1:45:17 AM

aznshinobi said:
What is your resolution.

Thank god you have the HDD for the OS, that takes about 50$ off your needed budget.

Check out my build guide for 450$, since you don't need an HDD I'm assuming, you'll get a pretty solid build out of that build. The only issue would be that you wouldn't be able to reuse your CD-Rom drive as it is IDE and SB doesn't support IDE. Only SATA.

I have an old square flat screen monitors like probably from the first year they went retail.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 1, 2011 1:52:55 AM
April 1, 2011 1:59:07 AM

Sweet man thanks but don't i need a CPU fan for the i3? Or does it already come with one? Also does this company ship to canada i know newegg does
m
l
April 1, 2011 1:59:07 AM

ewww square moniter. You would have to add another $100-120 for a new one

the cpu comes with a fan
m
l
April 1, 2011 1:59:56 AM

vainta said:
ewww square moniter. You would have to add another $100-120 for a new one

i can live with a square monitor untill i get the money for a new one it is not a big deal to me really.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 1, 2011 2:03:50 AM

..... Joho, NCIX SAYS it is canadian on the front page. Are you cereal?

No the i3 comes with a stock fan.
m
l
April 1, 2011 10:06:10 AM

aznshinobi said:
..... Joho, NCIX SAYS it is canadian on the front page. Are you cereal?

No the i3 comes with a stock fan.

LOL ok sweet thanks i was too fascinated by all the computer parts you were linking :p 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
April 1, 2011 5:32:19 PM

Do you also need a case?
m
l
April 1, 2011 7:42:42 PM

Onus said:
Do you also need a case?

Well i have an older case (2003) it was used for a gaming PC back hten but i think it should still work right?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
April 1, 2011 10:32:14 PM

It should fit just fine, even if it is a microATX case.
m
l
!