Locating a computer

haveAcoke

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Hey what's up,
So this is my dilemma here and I hope that someone out there can help. I use a public network for basically everything, I do know the people whose network I[m on, I'm not a leecher. But, this network was set up a few years ago by these people to provide free access to the interweb highway autobahn and all, and that's worked fine, until recently. There's this bollucks, bloody mother lover that is screwing with the router IP configuration. What I mean is instead of the usual 192.168.1.XX, it gets to 168.254.27.69 and no one is able to connect to the network or internet. Which is starting to become a problem. The router doesn't seem to really have any options to block static IP addresses either.

So this is what I would like, I'd like to be able to physically locate this leecher, selfish, outrageous, unjustified, antidisestablishmentarianist, cow, old female goat bagingo, worthless excuse as a person and give him a piece of our minds.

I can't remotely connect to the computer to shut it off, no remote access, and there's no file sharing or workgroup enabled or going. I've heard of WhatsUp, but I don't know if that'll work or not. I have the role in this network setup to manage these types of issues and would really like to right a wrong without having to affect other people. Thanks a whole bunch.

Oh, as I was typing this, that sac of crap did it again....

haveAcoke

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Yeah, I changed the password twice and after the last reset, the router config still was changed like a mentioned. Is there a program that does that? I mean as in changing the router's ip address.

TRENDING THREADS