Biostar TA990FXE SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimsonshadow

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I recently purchased and installed the Biostar TA990FXE motherboard with two GTX 460s and the proper SLI bridge. Since the motherboard promised SLI compatibility I went and installed the latest drivers and I still am unable to enable SLI or even see the option to toggle it for that matter. In my device manager both of the cards show up as individual devices so I am pretty sure that it isnt a problem of a faulty card. While also on the matter of the motherboard I havent been able to have the BIOS keep my settings. I enable all 4 cores on my Phenom II x4 and whenever my machine restarts it only shows that 3 cores are being used. This has been troubling me because I have correctly saved the settings when I exit setup. The BIOS version is the one I downloaded from the Biostar website that says it supports SLI function. Thanks for your time.

Solution
You may have a defective board or CPU. My board shows all 4 cores of my X4 955 without me having to do anything. Have you tried clearing CMOS & leave the CPU settings alone. The manual is also confusing when it comes to the SLI part. Make sure you are using the correct slots.

mcala

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
You may have a defective board or CPU. My board shows all 4 cores of my X4 955 without me having to do anything. Have you tried clearing CMOS & leave the CPU settings alone. The manual is also confusing when it comes to the SLI part. Make sure you are using the correct slots.

Solution

Crimsonshadow

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I know for sure that my CPU isnt defective as all 4 cores showed up on my other board when I just tested it out. As for the CMOS reset, yes I did that as well. I am fairly sure im using the correct slots for the cards unless I need very specific slots for them to work

Status
Not open for further replies.