Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

VidiVici, a tool for VGA Planets 4 players, has been completely
rewritten from scratch. Several new features have been added:

* Notes can be placed anywhere on the map
* Large fleets can be picked out easily on the map thanks to counters
* Custom report-generation engine allows you to program your own
reports
* Easy to switch between games
* Game histories can be exported to a file in order to make backups or
move data to another computer

In addition, VidiVici can now extract data directly from VGAP's
existing ship and race packs, so it will work with all current and
future races.

The program, and the complete source code, can be downloaded from the
VidiVici web site:
http://webpages.charter.net/kgnorris/vidivici.htm

- Roger

monk

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

How new is this version? I dl'ed VidiVici about a month ago.

A very good program BTW..good at giving a different perspective of the
game.

Does this version show minefields? I couldn't figure out a way to get
the version I have to display minefields. The other problem I had was
with getting the program to remember previous turns. I could get it to
show the current turn and the previous turn sometimes but never more
than that.(... sometimes when it showed another turn it suddenly added
planet names. It could have been some error of mine in having the
settings wrong...not sure.) I understand that if one changes the FC's
in the game then it starts over in the recordings of turns...but can it
save and display more than 2 turns in multiple games?

Still..a great program.
thanks!

Monk

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Re: minefields
Unfortunately, no. The Planets client does not export a CSV file with
minefield information. If Tim were to be so kind as to add a
minefields CSV, then I would happily add minefield support to VidiVici
:)

One player had suggested that I let players type in minefields
manually... but at the moment I don't consider that option to be worth
the amount of time it would take to develop it, since I can't see many
players bothering.

Re: problems with previous turns
The entire program has been completely rewritten from scratch, so it's
very unlikely that you'll run into that bug again. Note, however, that
this version's file structure is not compatible with the previous
version - it won't be able to load game histories that you've already
built up with v1.0. But the two versions can co-exist without any
problems, so long as you install them into different directories.

There is no longer any problem with friendly codes changing.

> One player had suggested that I let players type in minefields
> manually... but at the moment I don't consider that option to be worth
> the amount of time it would take to develop it, since I can't see many
> players bothering.

Great tool. It is even better now:) Thanks.
But might you consider to let players put in JPG manually? That would be a
great addition.

Greetings
Sebastian

And VidiVici now works with the IMT!

Thanks for the wonderful update.

When I try to install it I get an error message that the windows
installer is unavailable due to being removed or in safe mode....I'm
definately not in safe mode nor do I have problems
installing/uninstalling anything else..... Help?
General Kael

> The Download link on that page doesn't work, at least it seems to lead to
> a .msi file or something which confuses my Mozilla browser.

Unfortunately you need that .msi file :) It´s the installation programm (or
whatever it is called correctly) for VidiVici 2.0

Change you browser or use a download manager I suggest.

Greetings
Sebastian

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> When I try to install it I get an error message that the windows
> installer is unavailable due to being removed or in safe mode....I'm
> definately not in safe mode nor do I have problems
> installing/uninstalling anything else..... Help?

Sounds like you don't have the latest version of Windows Installer.
Are you running this on an older machine?

Try installing the latest Windows Installer package first:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebbacd8-c094-4255-b702-de3bb768148f&displaylang=en

KlingonKommand <Paul@nurk.fnord> writes
>Roger <rogercnorris@yahoo.com> writes
>>Mistyped the link... http://webpages.charter.net/kgnorris/vidivici.htm
>>
>The Download link on that page doesn't work, at least it seems to lead
>to a .msi file or something which confuses my Mozilla browser.

OK Beezle has sent me the file.

First impressions: very, very nice.
--
Paul Honigmann

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sorry, that option got left out. I've added it back for the next
release. It should be ready in about a week if not sooner.

Roger schrieb:
> VidiVici, a tool for VGA Planets 4 players, has been completely
> rewritten from scratch. Several new features have been added:
Thanks a lot.
One advice please: How do I have to switch of the display of planet names?

GFM GToeroe

Roger schrieb:
> Sorry, that option got left out. I've added it back for the next
> release. It should be ready in about a week if not sooner.

Ok, thanks.

Gabor

TRENDING THREADS