Sign in with
Your question

Monitor won't recognize PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 27, 2011 10:28:45 PM

So...I kinda screwed up.
Just got a computer(its used), and its worked fine, but the video card was pretty crummy.
I looked into the display settings, and there was the onboard Intel video card, but there in the options was a Geforce video card as well.
I got updates for the Geforce card, and I tried to switch over to it. I disabled the Intel card, but and restarted, but the screen just went black after the opening boot page.
I then went directly to setup with F12, and I changed the video card setting to auto.
Turned it off, and now the computer won't recognize my monitor. :o 
HELPZ!!!

More about : monitor recognize

January 27, 2011 11:26:24 PM

JoshDude said:
So...I kinda screwed up.
Just got a computer(its used), and its worked fine, but the video card was pretty crummy.
I looked into the display settings, and there was the onboard Intel video card, but there in the options was a Geforce video card as well.
I got updates for the Geforce card, and I tried to switch over to it. I disabled the Intel card, but and restarted, but the screen just went black after the opening boot page.
I then went directly to setup with F12, and I changed the video card setting to auto.
Turned it off, and now the computer won't recognize my monitor. :o 
HELPZ!!!

NVM. Its working now!
m
l
a c 1392 U Graphics card
January 28, 2011 12:59:36 AM

Just make sure that the monitor is plugged into the correct device when switching. Onboard connect to the motherboard video out connector, geforce connect to the card itself.
m
l
!