Monitor won't recognize PC

So...I kinda screwed up.
Just got a computer(its used), and its worked fine, but the video card was pretty crummy.
I looked into the display settings, and there was the onboard Intel video card, but there in the options was a Geforce video card as well.
I got updates for the Geforce card, and I tried to switch over to it. I disabled the Intel card, but and restarted, but the screen just went black after the opening boot page.
I then went directly to setup with F12, and I changed the video card setting to auto.
Turned it off, and now the computer won't recognize my monitor. :O
HELPZ!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor recognize
  1. JoshDude said:
    So...I kinda screwed up.
    Just got a computer(its used), and its worked fine, but the video card was pretty crummy.
    I looked into the display settings, and there was the onboard Intel video card, but there in the options was a Geforce video card as well.
    I got updates for the Geforce card, and I tried to switch over to it. I disabled the Intel card, but and restarted, but the screen just went black after the opening boot page.
    I then went directly to setup with F12, and I changed the video card setting to auto.
    Turned it off, and now the computer won't recognize my monitor. :O
    HELPZ!!!

NVM. Its working now!
  2. Just make sure that the monitor is plugged into the correct device when switching. Onboard connect to the motherboard video out connector, geforce connect to the card itself.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics