G.Skill Ares work with Asrock Extreme3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motafota

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I just picked up a kit of orange G.skill RAM with 9-9-9 timing(was this a good buy?).

After I bought it I went on G.Skill's site to search up some info about the RAM. And on "Qualified Motherboards List" it didn't show "support" for my Asrock Extreme3 Gen3 1155, but it did show "support" for the Extreme4. What would this mean? Can I still run the RAM normally? or would I be losing out on something?

Solution
there shouldn't be any issues, it's kinda hard to validate each ram model with each board on the market, probably the reason why it's not listed there

and yes, g.skill is a top notch brand

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
there shouldn't be any issues, it's kinda hard to validate each ram model with each board on the market, probably the reason why it's not listed there

and yes, g.skill is a top notch brand

Solution

motafota

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

Aha. Thanks for the reassurance, kind-of means alot to someone who's getting into all this hardware stuff.

Though it would be great if anyone would just explain what they mean by "Qualified Motherboards List"

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
asrock z68 gen3 extreme3 is an absolute steal btw, good choice

edit: just checked asrock's page, and my ram kit isn't listed on support page (corsair cmx4gx3m2a)

i haven't had any issues in over a year and a half so far

motafota

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

In that case, Thanks! you've helped me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.