Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Maybe a short?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 7, 2012 11:45:23 PM

Put together the pc. Booted up first time without a hitch went thru the bios everything checked out. Installed windows 7 and was messing around with it all last night Running great. No additional graphics cards or anything are installed yet. Turned off the pc and when I woke up in the a.m. went to turn it on. Nothing! Great! So i'm checking cables and connections every thing seems fine when I try to power up a flash of the cooling fans LED's and a quick spin and that's it. So I disconnected all the usb stuff(mouse, keyboard), and disconnected the 8 pin atx (of course the 24 pin is still pluged in) and pluged the power back in and hit it. all the fans go I think the HDD spins up and the cpu h100 cooler fans go. but will not boot and without the 12v 8 pin power pluged in the manual says it wont. So I shut everything down and plug the 8 pin back in and nothing, just a quick flash of power and that's it. Does this sound like a short? Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? PLEASE HELP!

MB: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU: I-7 2700K 3.5 GHz
MEM: G.SKILL RipJaw DDR3-2133 4gbX2 for 8gb
CASE: Corsair Carbide 500 WT Mid
COOLER: Corsair Water Cooler H-100
PSU: Corsair GS800 (800 Watt)
SSD: Crucial 64mb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
VGA: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1 GB (not installed)
OPTICAL: DVD Burner, cd/dvd drive, Blue Ray drive

March 7, 2012 11:57:07 PM

nelie1961 said:
Put together the pc. Booted up first time without a hitch went thru the bios everything checked out. Installed windows 7 and was messing around with it all last night Running great. No additional graphics cards or anything are installed yet. Turned off the pc and when I woke up in the a.m. went to turn it on. Nothing! Great! So i'm checking cables and connections every thing seems fine when I try to power up a flash of the cooling fans LED's and a quick spin and that's it. So I disconnected all the usb stuff(mouse, keyboard), and disconnected the 8 pin atx (of course the 24 pin is still pluged in) and pluged the power back in and hit it. all the fans go I think the HDD spins up and the cpu h100 cooler fans go. but will not boot and without the 12v 8 pin power pluged in the manual says it wont. So I shut everything down and plug the 8 pin back in and nothing, just a quick flash of power and that's it. Does this sound like a short? Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? PLEASE HELP!

MB: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
CPU: I-7 2700K 3.5 GHz
MEM: G.SKILL RipJaw DDR3-2133 4gbX2 for 8gb
CASE: Corsair Carbide 500 WT Mid
COOLER: Corsair Water Cooler H-100
PSU: Corsair GS800 (800 Watt)
SSD: Crucial 64mb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
VGA: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1 GB (not installed)
OPTICAL: DVD Burner, cd/dvd drive, Blue Ray drive

Make sure the PSU is set on American settings. Also make sure you have the power button hooked up correctly on the mobo.

Nice system BTW.
m
l
!