Hello computer gurus,
I am in processes of building a new desktop PC and I am trying to choose the power supply for the unit. I have seen this power supply but I am not sure if it is sufficient enough, can you help me in choosing the right power supply?
I would greatly appreciate your help.
bellow is the component that I will be using in building the system.
Thank you very much for your help
here is my system I am putting together:
MB ASROCK|P67 EXTREME4 (B3) P67 R
CASE ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER RT
CPU COOLER CM|RR-CCH-PBU1-GP R
GIFT FUTUREMARK SHATTERED HORIZONS
MEM 4Gx2|G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT
THERMAL GREASE MASSCOOL FANNER420 R
CPU INTEL|CORE I5 2400 3.1G 6M R
(3) HD 500G|WD WD5002AALX % - OEM
(2)DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-222AB % - OEM
MS WIN 7 PRO SP1 64-BIT 1PK - OEM - OEM
1) I see no link to the psu you are talking about.
2) The psu you need is almost entirely determined by the discrete graphics card/s you will use.
3) If you will be using the integrated graphics, then your psu needs are minimal. A quality unit of perhaps 350watts.
4) My short list of quality psu's would include XFX, Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, and PC P&C in no particular order.
5) Re: your other parts.
Is there some feature of W7 pro that you need, most will be fine with home premium for less $.
The motherboard is an expensive one designed for the 2500K and overclocking. There are better choices for the 2400 cpu.
1tb drives are faster and not much more than 500gb drives. Could you do with just two @1tb?