Can my Corsair CX500 Watt PSU support all this?

alexohlol

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I have a Corsair CX 500 Watt power supply and I was wondering if I can run everything listed below without any chances of blowouts, shorts, or inefficiency.

Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 9650 (Can't overclock in BIOS :[ )
Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 Pro Rev. 2 CPU Cooler
7GB DDR2 RAM
Asus M4A785-M MicroATX Motherboard
EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB (might overclock in the future)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
Seagate Barracuda 750GB HDD (Not using but might use if community says its okay with my PSU, LOL)(Also, the HDD was corrupted and I'm actually not sure if it still works but currently, its not plugged into my Motherboard and PSU)
5 Case Fans (4x 120mm, 1x 92mm) (Power for the case fans will come from the molex connectors on the PSU)
CD-DVD Burner

I'm hoping that I won't have to buy another PSU because this one is pretty new. Please list suggestions on if its capable of running all my peripherals without harm. Thank you.

For a single GeForce GTX 460 SE graphics card system NVIDIA recommends a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-500CX with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 34 Amps is more than capable of powering your system with a single GeForce GTX 460 SE graphics card. There is even headroom for overclocking the CPU and GPU if you desire to do so.