CM 690 II Advanced Question

roberts_zak

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Hey Guys
i recently upgraded the case, and cooling system on my pc, i got a CM 690 II advanced, filled up (almost) all the fan slots on it, and got a Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler for it.
All of it is working great, but sadly, i would like to see all the nice components inside of the case. I'm planning on either installing a window, or just buying the side cover that has one pre-installed.
so, onto the question, Since i am planning on getting a window for it, i want to replace all of Fans in it with LED colored fans, so i was wondering if there was any way to somehow wire it, so i can turn on and off all of the LED's with, idk the button on top of the case, or some kind of switch somewhere so i can turn off the LED's at night or something.(curious if a fan controller could be setup to do the job?)

Also, i'm curious if the Power Supply would be able to handle all of the fans, and eventually go crossfire in the future or if i would need to upgrade that as well.

specs-
XFX 850w Black Edition PSU
8gigs DDR3 RAM
Radeon HD 6870 (stock speed)
AMD 970 BE (stock speed)
Asus M4A87TD Evo MoBo
Noctua NH-D14
DVD burner
sata HD
5x 140 mm fans after window
2x 120mm fans after window
1x 80mm fan

Timop

Distinguished
How many fans are you putting on it, more fans doesnt automatically mean better cooling.

Depending on how the LEDs are wired a fan controller may or may not work, though IIRC with most fans the 2-pin directly powers both the fan and LED, reacquiring you to rewire the LEDs altogether and adding a switch.